Thread: [Pokémon] Lucario's Mission : Beginnings
View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2013 (02:19 PM). Edited March 29th, 2013 by Chaririley.

Chapter 4 : The Sharpest Scythes

"Carter, huh?" said Sparky. "So the name of my first team member is Carter…"
"I already told you, I'm not joining your team!" yelled Carter, temporarily losing his cool.
"Mr Scythe-Arms, sir?" said Absolem.
"Yeah?"
"If you don't mind, could you tell us what exactly we're assisting you with?"
"I suppose I should let you know what you're getting into…. Alright. As you may have gathered, this forest has a ruler. He's a Pinsir named Murray."
"Murray… So that's what those 'm's on the trees stood for!" exclaimed Absolem.
"Correct. He cut those in himself."
"What about that dumb Weedle? He seemed like he had authority in the forest." commented Sparky.
"Ah, yes. He's called Draco. He's Murray's second-in-command."
"A weakling like him?" scoffed Sparky.
"He's so terrified of Murray, he'll do anything he's asked. Murray likes that, so he's gave him authority over the forest. Though, really, Murray views him as as
much of a servant as everyone else."
"I see. I still don't understand what you want us to do though." said Absolem.

Carter closed his eyes and took a deep breath.
"I've wanted to take down Murray for a long time now. However, I've never been able to fight him one on one. He's always gotten his guards to attack. That's where you two come in."
"Ooh… I like where this is going." said Sparky.
"I don't…" said Absolem.
"You two are gonna fight the guards while I take on Murray."
"Woo hoo!" celebrated Sparky. "I've been wanting to fight those annoying guards for a while! This is great!"
"This is awful! I can't fight!" cried Absolem.
"Well, if you want, I could tie you back up in those vines…" offered Carter.
"N-no, I'll fight!" answered Absolem.
"Let's go!" shouted Sparky as he ran off into the forest.
"Sparky! You don't know where you're going!" Absolem called after him.

"You're weak, Carter. I see all that training isn't doing anything for you." said a familiar voice inside Carter's head.
"Shut up!"
"Hey! Come on, guys! We Blade Brothers shouldn't be arguing, we need to be united if we're gonna protect the forest!
"Aw, shut up, stop protecting the little weakling!"
"Weakling?!"

"Hey, are you ok?" asked Absolem, snapping Carter out of his flashback.
"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine. We need to get going." he said before walking off.
"Oh, um, ok."
"Get ready, Murray. This time, I'll beat you!" thought Carter.

"Take this!" yelled a Pinsir as he swung his pincers at a Farfetch'd.
"Too slow!" said the Farfetch'd as jumped out the way.
"Damn!"
"My turn!" the Farfetch'd cried as he used his stick to sweep across the Pinsir's feet, knocking him over.
"Looks like I win again, Murray!" he concluded triumphantly as he pointed his stick at the Pinsir's chest.
"You wait, Aramis! One day, you'll be at my feet!" laughed Murray as Aramis helped him up.

"You call that blade fighting?!" said a voice. Aramis and Murray turned around to see a young Scyther running towards them.
"What do you want, scythe-arms?" asked Murray scornfully.
"My name's Carter, actually! And I'm going around the forest challenging people who use blades!"
"I see. And how's that going for you, Carter?" asked Aramis.
"Well… Actually, you two are the first I've come across…" Aramis and Murray both started laughing hysterically.
"So you two will be my first two victories!" yelled Carter.

Aramis and Murray both stopped laughing.
"You think you're tough, do ya?!" scowled Murray.
"He's got attitude, that's for sure!" said Aramis.
"Why don't you give him a taste of reality?" suggested Murray.
"Reality..." repeated Aramis thoughtfully. "I'll give him a taste of reality - at least the reality of how things are currently."
"Alright, let's go!" cried Carter.
"Hang on, why don't we make a deal?"
"A deal?"
"Yeah. If you win, I'll hand over my prized stick. But if I win, you have join the Blade Brothers!"
"Fine! You'll be losing a stick soon!"

Carter got into a fighting stance as Aramis just stood with a smile.
"Ha!" cried Carter as he swung at Aramis. Aramis simply side-stepped out the way, raised his stick and struck Carter across the head. Carter hit the forest floor with a soft thud.
"Well, that was harder than I thought it was gonna be." commented Aramis.

Around ten minutes later, Carter came to.
"Well, I'd say that's a win, scythe-arms!" said Aramis.
"B-best of three…" replied Carter, slurring his words as his head slowly stopped spinning.
"Hey, Aramis, were you serious about him joining the Blade Brothers?" asked Murray.
"Deadly, Murray!"
"Oh yeah, I forgot about that..." muttered Carter. "What is the Blade Brothers?"
"The Blade Brothers is a group consisting of powerful blade users." explained Aramis.
"Yeah, powerful. Nothing to do with the weakling." commented Murray.
"Their main objective is to protect the forest from any attackers. Currently, the only members of the group are Aramis and I."
"I see... And you!" Carter said, turning to Murray. "Fine! Maybe I'm not so strong now, but I'll get stronger! Then we'll see who's the weakling!"
"Humph!" said Murray.
"Be here tomorrow morning at noon! Your training will begin then!" declared Aramis.
"See you then!" Carter replied before running off.
"What the hell was that?!" demanded Murray. "What use will a weakling like him be to the Blade Brothers?!"
"He may be a weakling now, Murray, but one day he'll surpass me..."
"You're crazy..."

"Two-hundred fourty-two… Two-hundred fourty-three…" muttered Carter as he chopped block after block of wood.
"Scythe-arms-kun!" said Aramis in a stereotypical Japanese sensei voice.
"Why are you talking like that?"
"I'm just having a little fun!" replied Aramis, returning to his regular voice. "So how are you getting on?"
"Well, I just reached two-hundred and fifty blocks… Which makes eighty four thousand, six hundred and seventy two blocks if you include all the blocks I've chopped for the last three months!" Carter stated in an annoyed manner.
"Don't say it like that! This exercise helps harden your blades! It's essential you do this if you want to be good at blade fighting!"
"Whatever you say, Eyebrow-san!" said Carter, adopting the Japanese sensei voice Aramis had done earlier.
"Yahahaha! That's the spirit!"

"Alright, so we'll try that!" Murray said to Aramis. "It'll be perfect training for the Blade Brothers!"
"Huh? The Blade Brothers? Shouldn't I be involved?" asked Carter as he stopped chopping his blocks.
"You're a trainee, scythe-arms. You're nowhere near me and Murray's skill level. You're not strong enough to be a fully-fledged Blade Brother." replied Aramis.
"Hey! It's been almost a year since I first joined! I think I'm at least near your skill level now!"
"Well, if you still think you're so tough, why don't you try fighting Aramis again? See how things have changed! Murray suggested mockingly.
"Sure, it'll be a great chance to show off how strong I've become!" said Carter confidently.
"You couldn't defeat me a year ago, you won't defeat me now!" declared Aramis.
"I've been training every day! I'm a lot stronger than I was before!"
"You're still six years too early to even compete with me!"
"We'll see about that!"
"Ready? Go!" cried Aramis.

Fifteen seconds later, Carter was on the floor, defeated.
"Wow! So strong!" laughed Murray as he walked off. "That training's made so much difference! Hahahaha!"
"Damn… And I really wanted to join the Blade Brothers…" Carter said as he got choked up.

Aramis watched him silently.
"Shut up, Carter, I'm not in the mood for your pathetic crying!" he said finally.
"After almost a year of training you can still beat me without blinking an eye... How do you think that makes me feel..."
"HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL?!" yelled Aramis.
"Huh?" said Carter.
"You know, Carter, if anyone should be crying... If anyone should be upset... If anyone should be cursing their abilities... It's me! Species like Scyther and Pinsir... You and Murray... They're genetically made so that they're advanced blade users! Are Farfetch'd?! Yahaha! Hell no! So yes, I am stronger than you right now! However, eventually nature will take it's course! Even if I trained my absolute hardest every day, you'd still surpass me eventually! I love blade fighting... But being a blade user has become pointless!"
"SHUT UP!" screamed Carter. "DON'T YOU DARE SAY ANOTHER WORD! SCYTHER ARE GENETICALLY GOOD AT BLADE FIGHTING?! FARFETCH'D AREN'T?! SO WHAT?! YOU'RE THE BEST BLADE USER IN THIS FOREST! AND YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO STAND THERE AND TELL ME THAT IF I EVER BEAT YOU, IT'S ONLY BECAUSE OF MY SPECIES?!"
"Carter... I didn't mean it like that..."
"I GUESS ALL MY TRAINING REALLY HAS BEEN POINTLESS! I MIGHT AS WELL JUST GIVE UP SINCE I'M GONNA BEAT YOU ONE DAY ANYWAY!"
"Carter..."
"HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO GET STRONGER WHEN MY OWN MASTER DOESN'T EVEN HAVE CONFIDENCE IN HIMSELF?!" Carter angrily finished.
"ENOUGH!" cried Aramis.

Carter and Aramis stared at each other silently for a few seconds.
"Honestly..." Aramis said, breaking the silence. "When did you get so cheeky you thought you could talk down to me?"
"Huh?" said Carter.
"Remember who's the master here!" Aramis smiled. "You've still to beat me! I recommend you get to work!"
"You mean...?"
"Yahahaha! Back to the training!"

"EVERYBODY RUN! ROCK-TYPES! ROCK-TYPES ARE ATTACKING!" screamed a distant voice.
"Huh?" said Carter as he stopped chopping logs.
"DANGER! ROCK-TYPES! RUN!"
"Uh! There's trouble! I need to help! It's my duty as a trainee Blade Brother!" declared Carter.
"I will protect the forest!" he yelled as he ran off.

"You're a pretty one!" a mean-looking Graveller said to a young female Sentret he was constraining.
"Please let me go… Please…" the Sentret begged tearfully.
"Hey! Ugly!" called a voice.
"Huh?" said the Graveller, turning around.
"You'll have to take me on if you want to get to her!" said Carter, pointing his scythes at the Graveller.
"I'll let her go. I'm in a fighting mood anyway!" laughed the Graveller.
"Take this!" cried Carter as he slashed the Graveller across the face. "AH!"

Carter looked at the end of the scythe he had attacked the Graveller with. It was bleeding heavily.
"Your scythes aren't sharp enough to cut through my skin!" mocked the Graveller.
"No… This can't be… I'm a Blade Brother… I have to protect the forest!" whispered Carter.
"Now, you die! ROCK BLAST!" he yelled as a large rock suspended in midair appeared in front of him. "Bye, bye!"

"CUT!" Aramis appeared from nowhere and used his stick to cut diagonally across the Graveller's chest before the Graveller could attack. The Graveller screamed in pain as blood flowed from his wound.
"Get lost!" spat Aramis. The Graveller collapsed on the forest floor.
"Aramis…" said Carter.
"Are you ok?" asked Aramis, looking at Carter's wound.
"I'll be fine…" replied Carter.
"Yahahaha! Good, I was worried!"
"Haha… ARAMIS! WATCH OUT!" cried Carter.
"Huh?"
"ROCK BLAST!"

A huge rock hit Aramis right in the back with a cracking noise to accompany it.
"ARAMIS!" screamed Carter.
"Haha… I got the bastard…" muttered the Graveller.
"Aramis…" said Carter as ran to Aramis' side.
"What are you doing?! Get out of here! Get to safety!" ordered Aramis.
"Aramis…" thought Carter as he ran off with tears streaming down his face.

"Murray!" cried Carter happily.
"What do you want?!" snapped Murray.
"I haven't seen you since the attack! I've been worried!"
"Well, don't be! I'm a Blade Brother! I can fend for myself!"
"I'm a Blade Brother too, but I-"
"SHUT UP!"
"What? Why?"
"YOU WILL NEVER BE A BLADE BROTHER! ARAMIS WASTED HIS TIME TRAINING YOU! MAYBE IF HE HAD SPENT LESS TIME TRAINING YOU, AND MORE TIME TRAINING HIMSELF, HE WOULD BE ALIVE RIGHT NOW!
"Grr… If you think I'm so unworthy of being a Blade Brother, why don't you battle me?!"
"With pleasure!"

Murray sprang into action with a downward slash. Carter crossed his scythes into an x-shape to block Murray's attack. The pair clashed for a couple of seconds before Murray gained the upper hand and sent Carter rolling backwards. However, Carter regained himself quickly and jumped at Murray with an attack. Murray blocked it easily before taking a swipe at Carter. Carter jumped backwards to avoid the attack, before taking multiple shots at Murray, each one being easily deflected by Murray's pincers. Murray eventually charged forward sending Carter with his back against a tree.
"VICEGRIP!" yelled Murray as he tightened his pincers around Carter's throat. After a couple of seconds of choking Carter, he let him go.
"You're not worth killing!" he concluded before walking off.

Carter dropped to his knees.
"ARAMIS!" he tearfully screamed at the sky. "I SWEAR TO YOU, MY SCYTHES WILL BE THE SHARPEST IN THE WORLD! I'LL PROVE THAT A FARFETCH'D CAN BE SKILLED ENOUGH TO TRAIN A SCYTHER TO BECOME A GREAT BLADE USER! I'LL BE ABLE TO CUT ANYTHING! SO THEN I CAN FIGHT FOR MY SELF! SO THEN NOBODY HAS TO PROTECT ME! SO THEN NOBODY HAS TO DIE!"

Carter was silent as he walked to Murray's base with Sparky and Absolem.

"I've been training for six years! This is the day I defeat you, Murray!" he thought.