View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2013, 04:52 PM
faku1810

Yeah, as I added later, i was able to fix it somehow. Not sure what the cause was anyways, but I do hope it was just an isolated case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faku1810 View Post
Edit: in fact, is not a compatibility problem between versions; I just tried saving in-game with the new rom, and then reloaded... save file was corrupt, but savestates worked. So i had to delete the original .sav, reload with savestate and create a new .sav from there, now it works. So, if anyone else has problems, just do that once and you won't have to worry anymore.
On another hand, I just checked your guide and i want to correct a little mistake; in the guide you say the move tutor in Two island will only teach your Charizard, Venasaur or Blastoise the ultimate technique if they are the starter given by Oak..

I can tell this is not true because I captured a Ghastly when i began this game and then captured a Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charmander, both Squirtle and Bulbasaur evolved to their final stage and learned Hidro Cannon and Frenzy plant respectively. The only thing i needed was to have maximum friendship with them. I haven't tried raising another Bulbasaur (and won't either, i'm too lazy for that) to see if it would learn the move too, but I'm training my Charmander so I can get Blast Burn when it evolves and then I'll see if she gets new text saying it's no longer possible to take a pokemon to her or not.