View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2013 (05:19 PM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
I copied the four map scripts from a Secret Base to my map as suggested. (Thanks karatekid552) However, instead of getting a "Do you want to make your secret base here?" upon entering, it displayed glitchy text that looped endlessly. I deleted the third Secret Base script and successfully got rid of that. But my original problem of decorations disappearing and reappearing still occurred. If I need that third Secret Base map script to fix it, I can easily copy it back. I don't know why it gives me glitchy text instead of the normal prompt though I suspect it has something to do with not being able to modify certain map script offsets, only the second offset. When I opened that particular script in XSE, it looks like this:

#org 0x1A2EF8
setvar 0x8004 0x0
setvar 0x8005 0x0
special 0x12
setvar 0x4089 0x1
end

I don't know which variable sets up the prompt, so I don't know how I would edit it without screwing up it's purpose. That is, if these map scripts can fix my problem.
Attached Images
File Type: png Pokemon Sapphire.png‎ (2.4 KB, 7 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*