View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2013, 03:36 AM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
I copied the four map scripts from a Secret Base to my map as suggested. (Thanks karatekid552) However, instead of getting a "Do you want to make your secret base here?" upon entering, it displayed glitchy text that looped endlessly. I deleted the third Secret Base script and successfully got rid of that. But my original problem of decorations disappearing and reappearing still occurred. If I need that third Secret Base map script to fix it, I can easily copy it back. I don't know why it gives me glitchy text instead of the normal prompt though I suspect it has something to do with not being able to modify certain map script offsets, only the second offset. When I opened that particular script in XSE, it looks like this:

#org 0x1A2EF8
setvar 0x8004 0x0
setvar 0x8005 0x0
special 0x12
setvar 0x4089 0x1
end

I don't know which variable sets up the prompt, so I don't know how I would edit it without screwing up it's purpose. That is, if these map scripts can fix my problem.
When I meant third, I meant third from 0, as in Map Script #2.... I think, lol, I don't have it open in front of me. Make sure you copy of all of the settings as best as you can and open every script. It will be plainly obvious which one has the text in it.

Also, if this still gives you problems, I just thought of something: the tile that you click on to create a Secret Base outside of the secret base itself. The little square in the wall. That might set some vars and such as well. Look up a behavior byte tutorial and find out where its script would be located and take a look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
I have another three questions.

1) How did Liquid Crystal got rid of the help system?

2) Is there a way to make an animated bootscreen?

3) I'm making a hack where you start in one map, five oddly colored tiles. Each one can transport you to one village. Like if you want to start in Fire village, step on the red tile blah.. blah.. blah.. etc. When you get transferred, you're warped on one of the five players room. So basically there will be five house, okay? Then, when you choose one, I want the other four to lock up, forever. How do I do that?
Here's a pic:
Spoiler:
1) No clue, though it was probably noping some commands.

2) Well, anything is possible, the only problem is creating an ASM routine to run your animation. At one point, Darthatron created one for the titlescreen (which can be seen in Liquid Crystal) but I don't think a bootscreen one has been done.

3) Use a var. Choose a var and when the player warps set it to the house number (1-5) then create 5 similar scripts, one for each house, that only allow you to pass through the door if the var equals the number of the house. You could also have a checkflag before it to create a manual override so that all of the houses can become unlocked at some point in the game, if you choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinkage View Post
Scripting commands lightenroom and darkenroom (used in Brawly's Gym) don't work in FR.

Any way I could add them in?
There are several commands which do absolutely nothing, as in just returning you to the script in which it was called. This could have happened to those commands since they weren't needed. Essentially, you would need to restore their old ASM routines if that is the case. I know nothing more.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; March 30th, 2013 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.