Thread: [Idea] Pokémon Topaz
View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2013 (01:55 AM). Edited April 4th, 2013 by Rayziken 2.
Rayziken 2
Beginning ROM Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusshin View Post
I like your fakemon names They go well with the Pokemon they are trying to represent!

As well, your splices / Frankensprite are pretty good. I can't do frankenspriting (let alone actual sprites), so even to me it's impressive in a way.

Also, I hope you're not being over-ambitious with those regions! The maps are huge and will take a long time to fully develop and make unique from one another. If you can do it, then that's fantastic, but I think it's a bit over-the-top :v I've spent over fifty hours on my game so far and have mapped five cities and maybe ten or so routes, not including caves and forests. It's not even 25% done! I can't imagine how long it'll take to map out your regions; however, like I said before, it would be fantastic if you did. Determination!

/cheers~
Thanks; I didn't actually think that I did too well with the names, so it's great to know that you like them.

As for the sprites, the Sentou Gym Leaders, Elite Four and Champion sprites are all from a year and a half ago... But if they still look okay, I'm glad to hear that. Also, you'll probably be able to fuse trainers if you give it a little bit of practice; I'd get up my first ever sprite fusion to show you how bad I started off, but it would be embarrassing. XD

And yeah, two Regions will definitely be hard work, but it didn't take too long to do the Kasyko Town map, which is hopefully a good sign. Bigger maps will obviously take longer to do, though.

Spoiler: