Thread: Social agendum
View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2013 (03:50 PM).
just a guy
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
For me, I'm of the mindset that less is more. I'd rather have two or three best friends that I'm really close to and comfortable around than a number of friends who are more or less faces in a crowd to me. I do believe that friendship and having friends is an important part of life though. Everyone needs at least someone in their life who they can talk to and feel comfortable around. Someone they can relate to.

I can't say there's much that separates my relationship between my best friends and someone who I'm romantically involved with other than being more intimate. Not than I'm in a relationship with anyone now, but when I know them, they're like a best friend to me. I feel comfortable around them, I feel like I can do whatever I want and not be judged by them. They're my best friend but something more.

I generally try to maintain the friendships I already have. No matter how many friends or acquaintances I make, there's always going to be that one friend or that core group of friends that I'm particularly closer to. They are the ones that are going to know me on a more personal level than some. That doesn't mean I'm not open to making new friends though or that any new friends I make will never get to know me on some deeper level. On the contrary, I do enjoy meeting new people and getting the chance to know some of them.