Thread: Social agendum
View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Patchisou Yutohru

I get a companion out of making new friends. I enjoy making new friends, because its an entirely new person I can learn about. I have a habit of, when I make a new friend, I tend to focus more on them than I do the friends that I've had for much longer, though. I like the feeling of companionship and I like the feeling of learning I have someone who will be there for me and I enjoy the feeling of being there for them.

This is going to sound really terrible, but what I get out of being in a romantic relationship is pretty much the same but I also have the feeling of being tied down to them and being expected to put them ahead of everyone else and drop everything for them and I really don't like that. I've only been in two relationships in my life, and while I care deeply about the two of them, I remember feeling like I couldn't really step outside of that box I put myself in. I don't want to say that I felt trapped, but I had a feeling of guilt if I didn't do something that I wouldn't necessarily feel with a friend.

I don't currently have a romantic partner, so there's nothing there to separate them from my friends, and I'm not really sure what separates the two in general. I'm pretty much doing the same thing with both groups of people. And, so far, my romantic partners came from people who I have been friends with for a long time. I guess the difference is the feeling I get when I'm with them. I'm happy around my friends, but when I'm around someone I'm in a romantic relationship, I feel excited, happy, slightly nervous and anxious, and things that make me feel a little more complete.