View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2013 (10:47 AM). Edited April 6th, 2013 by Dakota.
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
As I promised, here are some rather interesting news updates from the last few days.

‘The Walking Dead’ Alternate Ending: Milton’s Original Death Plan
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Life on April 5th
Fans of The Walking Dead were shocked and stunned to see scientist Milton Mamet (Dallas Roberts) become a “walker” in the third season finale. In a new interview, the actor reveals the original death planned for Milton, and how Andrea (Laurie Holden) may have faced a much different fate.

Milton’s Alternate Death On ‘The Walking Dead’ Season Finale
“Originally, the beating scene that started the episode wasn’t there,” Dallas explained to Entertainment Weekly. “Originally, I showed up and was led into the room where Andrea was and I took the tools out – the instruments of torture that were laid on the table – and then he shot me in the stomach, completely unexpectedly. And then I was left to bleed out in the same idea basically – you’re going to kill her now.”

“There was a lot more of Milton trying to open the door and him trying to free her from the chains,” continued Dallas. “And then there was a section where he was going to wrap the chain around the neck and try to choke her to death before he turned so she wouldn’t have to deal with Walker Milton, or Biter Milton, as it were.”

“And then at the end of that, it was just Tyreese and someone else who found her. Rick and Daryl and Michonne weren’t there. So it was essentially the same idea, except you saw me taking chunks out of Laurie Holden in that version. And then they called us back a few months later to reshoot it and made all those changes.”

‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4 Spoilers: The Governor Will Get Much ‘Darker’

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Life on April 5th
llywoodLife.com caught up with The Walking Dead star Norman Reedus, and he gave us the scoop on what’s to come on season 4!

“I think [the governor's] evolution of a bad guy is not dead yet. To reach the comic book status, like in the comic book, the guy is so ferocious, he’s on the precipice of becoming that guy. So the last episode wasn’t about the war, it was about who is becoming what in that world. Carl, what he has become, Rick what he has become, what Daryl has become. That’s the intro into season 4.”

Norman also revealed the governor isn’t the only character going down a dark path, “[Carl's] dark right now. I think he’s going to get much darker. I think all of us are real dark right now.”

AMC and Cryptozoic Entertainment Announce The Walking Dead Card Game
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMC on April 3rd

Cryptozoic Entertainment and AMC expand their partnership with the announcement of The Walking Dead Card Game, coming in early 2013. Created by award-winning game designer Wolfgang Kramer, The Walking Dead Card Game pits humans against zombies in a test of bravery and dominance.

Based on the game 6 Nimmt!, The Walking Dead Card Game is a ten- to thirty-minute game for two to ten players. Each player attempts to collect points by defeating as many zombies as possible. The player with the most points at the end of the game emerges victorious. The designer, Wolfgang Kramer, has won numerous accolades, including the Spiel des Jahres, a prestigious, German card and game award.

"Our The Walking Dead Board Game is so popular, we literally can't keep it in stock," said Cryptozoic chief operating officer Scott Gaeta. "We're excited to work with Wolfgang to create a card game that even the most casual of The Walking Dead fans can enjoy and that more experienced players will spend many hours trying to master."

The Walking Dead: Three Actors Promoted to Series Regular Status for Season 4

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN on April 4th
Note: If you haven't seen The Walking Dead: Season 3 finale, you might consider what follows to be spoiler-ish...

When The Walking Dead returns in October, Rick Grimes will have some more full time help. The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that Chad Coleman (Tyreese), Sonequa Martin-Green (Sasha) and Emily Kinney (Beth) will all be upped from recurring to series regular/opening credit status for Season 4.

Kinney has been on the show since the start of Season 2, while Coleman and Martin-Green were introduced in Season 3. While an elevated role for Coleman was expected (his character being quite a popular one from the comic), it will be interesting to see if Kinney's new status means Beth finally gets more storylines moving forward. Martin-Green's character, Tyreese's sister, was invented for the series. Martin-Green also has an important recurring role on Once Upon a Time these days.

These promotions follow the news THR reported earlier this week that David Morrissey (The Governor) will remain a series regular in Season 4 as well.

Interestingly, there still is no word on Scott Wilson being made a series regular, despite his character, Hershel, having had a prominent role for two years now.

Update: As was pointed out in the comments, Melissa McBride, who plays Carol, also is technically still a guest/recurring actor on the show, despite being in every season. Ah, the intricacies of contracts and who gets what deal in Hollywood... We'll see if either Wilson or McBride also get a promotion before Season 4 begins.

Also updating the first post to match with current events, including the brand new prediction game which all of you should totally join. =P Anyways, in regards to the news, what I'm most happy with is how Tyreese and Beth are getting bigger roles, especially the former. Tyreese is such a badass in the comics, so it's about time they made him a bigger star in the show. It'll be interesting his interaction with Rick, considering how close they are in the comics.

Also, new topic of the week: What are your hopes for Season 4?