Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
While I'm here...

Let's review the bolded section. "a different type"

Let's break it down.

"a" - one, singular, not more than one, individual entity
"different" - something else, not used before, unique
"type" - hopefully doesn't need explaining

So based on this, I'm going to confirm what I've said before; it will NOT be a dual-type Eeveelution. If it is, they are breaking exactly what they've already said. It can still be Ghost, Flying, Dragon, Bug, Normal (yeah), or even Poison/Steel/whatever, but it will only be one type. So let's get those dual-types out of the discussion of "possible" types.

I apologize for saying this so strongly. I just feel this had to be said.

Cyclone
Its a good analysis, but this is gamefreak. They refer to new forms as New Pokemon. Even if you take what they said in, it just means that its not Fire, Water, Grass, Ice, Psychic, Dark, or Electric.

Even when you go into the meaning of the word "a" its for a singular word. "A Herd" is multiple of one specific animal. Type is usually used in singular term even when a Pokemon has two types to it. For instance Charizard is referred to as a Fire/Flying Type rather than Fire and Flying types. Sylveon can be a dual type if Gamefreak wants it to be.

I only say it this way because of an instance with Kyurem before. DNA Pins have the same wording and we know how that works. Similar things have happened so we can't look too deeply into the words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PichuRules4ever View Post
I know that we dont know what its type is yet, but to me it looks like it could be weak to fighting (and Normal) due to the fact that its all pink and adorable. Think of almost every other Pokemon thats pink like this: Igglybuff, Snubbull, Audino, Happiny, Chansey, etc. Theyre all pink, adorable, and Normal.

Hoppip, Slowpoke, Smoochum, and Cherubi are also all Pink, adorable, but not Normal typed or weak to fighting types. Just because its pink doesn't make it Normal, and there are plenty of adorable Pokemon that are in other color groups.