View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2013 (07:20 PM).
Mr. X
For Money
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by BlahISuck:
If push comes to shove, the Chinese rely more on the US than vice versa in terms of trade. I don't know how debt comes into the picture but it obviously has an effect. If China attacks, it's probably not out of respect for the alliance, but in its self-interest for security purposes.
War screws everyone - But still, with the fragility of our economy we would take a bigger hit.

A lot of our tech - Smartphones, computer components, other stuff - is constructed in China btw. If China does cut trade, some aspects of our economy will remain untouched, some will take a small hit, and some will be kicked right in the balls.

The tech industry would take the hardest hit I think. While computer assembly occurs in the US, a good number of the parts are made in China.

While the industry can simply buy from other companies that don't make their stuff in China it would be a rather limited, possiably more expensive, choice of selections they would have. Even then, the increased demand could easily require the companies to expand, build more factories - Good for the economy of whatever nation they are in yes, but this doesn't happen overnight.

Quote originally posted by BlahISuck:
With all this being said, I'd really like to see Korea unite. It would probably be my foreign-policy/diplomatic dream come true. For then you'll have three different powers in their own right: China, Korea and Japan in East Asia. I think then there would be a good guarantee of peace in the region without the United States. Which would be good for all countries - I say this even from the US perspective because you guys need defence cuts XD
If it wasn't for Cold War with the Soviet Union then Korea would have already unified. The split between North and South was like Germany. It wasn't supposed to last as long as it did, and in Korea's case, has. From another angle, China also prevented unification when they got involved in the Korean War. Frankly, as long as the distrust between the US and Chinese government lasts I highly doubt that unification will occur.

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I may be getting ahead of myself but if North Korea were to fall the nations participating in the occupation/ reconstruction will need to secure the Nukes and make sure no terrorist/ outside party gets their hands on them.
If N. Korea did fall, I wouldn't be that suprised if they detonated their nukes as a final middle finger to the world.

Quote originally posted by TRIFORCE89:
Either way, playing with a loaded gun not the brightest of ideas
Especially if the game your playing is Russian Roulette. Even worse is if your playing that game with a clip-fed pistol, instead of a revolver.

Come play Runescape