View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2013 (5:46 PM). Edited April 7th, 2013 by aar2697.
Send a message via Skype™ to aar2697
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
I know it works in your hack, but sometimes, when you move things, you forget to do something. Trust me, it happens a lot.

Have you tried debugging it? Also, what is this routine and what does it do? Can I see it? It could be the routine itself since a lot was changed and shifted in JPAN's hack and references in the routine may no longer exist.
Figured it out. The character I was using for the script wasn't working right for some reason. I'm fine now. Sorry if I wasted your time.

Edit (3rd time now, probably): My gender checker ASM script I wrote myself works! It was pointless because XSE already has a checkgender command, but I did it just for practice. Now I can sleep in peace, knowing I didn't waste the whole day learning ASM.

Originally Posted by TempixTL View Post
Definitely, here's a YouTube video:
The first part is the working script, the second one is the failing script.

I do also have a picture:

The highlighted event is the one working script, and there is another script event directly under it for something completely different. The two script events on the side also have the same script events under them, but one of them also has a warp under that which serves no purpose. And I have tried moving the script events under the broken ones somewhere else, but no dice. Same thing with the one warp.
This is occurring because you cannot move a sprite that's off the screen. It has to be within 6 or less tiles from the player I believe. So, the sprite disappears when you have the script thing all the way down there and it is no longer loaded. You'll need to have the script run when you're closer to the rival. Or, what you could do is..
1. Put two rivals on that map
2. Give each of them flags
3. Put the sprite in the video in his position as it is now.
4. Put the second rival sprite somewhere where he can't be seen. Or, alternatively, you can use a setmaptile script on the map and use the hidesprite command in it so that the second rival sprite disappears before you enter.
5. On the script tile event, use setflag 0x[first rival event's flag number] to hide the first rival sprite. Then, use showspritepos 0x[event number of second rival sprite] and 0x[x coordinate] 0x[y coordinate] to show the second rival sprite at a designated position that is 6 tiles from your player. Then, have him walk down and do the script similarly as it initially had been.

Sorry this is kind of badly written. If you need me to clarify anything, I can.