Thread: [Tutorial] The Concept of ASM
View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2013 (2:33 AM).
What happens if I push it?....
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
Very helpful... and completely understandable... thanks
Good, I was hoping to make it as understandable as possible! Thanks!

Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
Didn't know this was already posted. It looks a lot better than the one in Google Docs. Great work though.
The one in Google Docs didn't have any formattingXD, I would hope it would look better! Yeah, I was talking to DrFuji last night on IRC and it came up so he checked it out, which is why it got confirmed so fast.

Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
Thank you for this, it helped me a lot! I didn't understand anything about ASM before I read this, so thanks!
I'm glad it helped. This one comment is exactly the reason I wrote it! I'm glad it worked out the way I wanted, haha.

Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
You've got a good tutorial around here indeed!
Thanks! Darthatron didn't know how well it would be recieved since it didn't actually teach any ASM itself so, it is good that everyone likes it!

Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
About registers though, why not just mention them like this?
"Registers are small memory slots, each one being 32 bits (or in other words, 4 bytes) long."

That's all. Some "programming genious" waaaaay in the past decided to name these memory slots the processor uses as registers. But that's about it. And nowadays, each processor uses these memory slots, registers, for working with data.
Hmmm, maybe I'll add that in. That is a pretty good way of explaining it.

Paired with Simba