View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2013 (9:20 PM). Edited April 8th, 2013 by Rai.
Misao <3
Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
Quote originally posted by QuilavaKing:
I've always thought of gay couples as having much more pure/innocent relationships, because I have they have to overcome all these extra challenges to be together.
I agree completely. Do you know how hard it is for a gay couple to adopt? They have to do so much in order to get a child, unlike straight couples who can have a child whenever they want.

I am sorry your parents aren't very supportive. But if you truly want to be with this woman, you are going to have to let them know. That is why I came out to my mom- I knew I wanted to be with women and I didn't want to hide that from her. It was worth it in the end- I have a girlfriend that I have been dating for 3 and half years. Everyone in my family knows and they really like her. Even if you are scared of how they will react, it will be a big weight off of your shoulders, especially if you want to have a long term relationship with this woman.

I think your mom will be able to accept it. If she could put her insecurities aside for her friend, then she will be able to do the same for you, her daughter. I think the idea of having her Facebook friend ease her into it would be very helpful. It would make it less shocking to your mom and you would also have someone else on your side. But first you need to make sure you can trust and rely on her.

And you won't regret it. Even if your family does not react well at first, it will be worth it in the end. You will feel revealed and like there is less on your plate. The anxiety beforehand is the worst- believe me, I know, but once you go through with it, you will feel much better.