View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2013 (11:50 PM). Edited April 10th, 2013 by Yusshin.
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
The console's still new. I'd say it's going to take another year, minimum Christmas 2013, for the price to drop (and Christmas would probably just be temporary).

It's been 349,00$CAD for a while now (Deluxe Version). I'm hoping it'll drop around 300$ for Christmas. I'm not buying it, though, til it hits 250$, new or used. By that time, new and better games will be out, and the "kinks" should be gone (since every new innovative console system has "kinks" of sorts).

I got the blue Wii system for Christmas 2011. It probably cost around 150$ at that time - way less than its launch price in 2006. It took five years for it to drop about 150$ in price (with tax). That's why I'm expecting at least a temp drop from 350$ to 300$, 310$ this Christmas (a year since launch) since based on the old Wii, it dropped ~35$/y in price.

That's just speculation, though. It might not even hit 250$ until the end of the console in, what, 2017? Long way to go...

Also, new console or not, it's still semi-competing with the '360 and PS3, and it'll be competing with the '720 and PS4 eventually. With '360s and PS3s costing 200$/ea, once they sell the console to a good amount of families, I'd expect them to drop it for the people who are left over, already have a '360 or PS3 (i.e. me) and would just use the Wii U as a rec. console - nothing serious.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club