View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2013 (11:14 AM).
I always win.

Nature: Impish
Quote originally posted by Cerberus87:
The coldness of Sinnoh appealed to me a lot, all the evolutions aside from maybe Dusknoir were very much needed, and the few Sinnoh Pokémon are very cool IMO.

Sinnoh is definitely underrated, and it was when the game started to shine in terms of variety and viability of many Pokémon.
I won't disagree that the 4th gen is almost universally disliked, but that doesn't necessarily make it underrated. For example, Superman on Nintendo 64 is universally disliked, but it's not underrated, because it's possibly the worst video game of all time. To be underrated something must first be good, and Gen. IV is probably the worst of the gens. Now, personal preference does come into it as well.

Quote originally posted by Cerberus87:
The coldness of Sinnoh appealed to me a lot, all the evolutions aside from maybe Dusknoir were very much needed, and the few Sinnoh Pokémon are very cool IMO.
It's fine that you like the cold region of Sinnoh, but most people didn't. I for one found it a bit bland and depressing compared to the exotic, tropical Hoenn region. As I said earlier, opinions do factor into one's decision on what gen is overrated or underrated. Honestly, the reason I think Hoenn was great was because it seemed to pull off being different better than any other region. Whereas Unova was certainly different, the region and it's Pokemon really didn't seem right. Something seemed to be missing. However, I find Hoenn to be a nice breath of fresh air, while still feeling like a Pokemon region.

On the topic of Gen. II, though, I will say that I agree that it's overrated. I mean, it introduced some great new Pokemon (Scizor!), but everything was just so underleveled in Johto that the game was excruciatingly easy compared to the other games.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.