View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2013 (05:51 PM). Edited April 14th, 2013 by Zorua.
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
lol outlawing it completely is ridiculous.

Using age as an excuse is ridiculous.

I apologize for sounding rude, and I have good reasons for wording it this way. This is the internet, and regardless of what age you are, if you're on the internet, you are taking personal responsibility for yourself for whatever content you may discover out there. I'm sorry, I am not willing to censor myself because someone under the age of 18 just so happens to find something inappropriate on the server. Do take note that at least 40% of our users happen to be under the age of 18 (not naming names), so that would mean outlawing it completely, which I am highly against.

I feel that the rule should stay in place. If people aren't taking initiative to report it themselves, then we have to make it clear for them to. For those of you who have seen me reiterate time and time again that people should report it to us, then you know what I'm talking about. I feel that the rule currently is fine and should NOT be touched at all.

Let the users have responsibility for their actions for once, instead of us babying all the time. That's not our job. Our job is to moderate, to watch out for people that cross the line and make sure situations get dealt with from there. To assist with users that need help, the whole nine yards.