View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2013 (8:42 AM).
Hoenn in 3D!
Silver Tier
Nature: Calm
Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
That leaves a little room for GameFreak to add a few more areas to Hoenn even if they aren't settled areas. I'm okay with the Hoenn region getting the same treatment that Johto did in HG/SS.
Don't forget, the Hoenn map also has a bunch of unused/inaccessible islands! Not that it really means too much right now but it's definitely possible to expand to them if it means the mainland not getting too cluttered.

The problem with having both the old contests and Emerald's Battle Frontier is that GameFreak would have to figure out how to point Contest-goers to that post-game area without reintroducing Battle Tents (was that what they were called?) Otherwise, I'd like this to happen.
Are you talking about an introduction to the Frontier? They could just advertise it on TV or something after you arrived back home after the league. I loved watching TV to check to see if friends' achievements, the 'special' promotions, etc. showed up after mixing records and everything.

Having the old contests split up again seems like a much better idea anyways because, like someone mentioned before, the tents lacked purpose really, imo. It was also a nice touch to have to travel to get to each level of contests instead of cramming them together if you ask me.

Speaking of the retro contests, one would hope that they allow online, like has been mentioned before. I preferred the old over Gen IV's.

I'd like to see Navel Rock and Birth Island return to the main games, but what would you do there? Seriously, the legendaries that you caught there before have been made available through HG/SS.
Why does Pokemon availability have to play an importance there, haha? We also had everything available in Gen III(in some way) before HGSS rolled around but that didn't stop them. There's always been ways to get every Pokemon really.
Don't you think Hoenn deserves to be at least this beautiful?