Returning to Pokemon games could you help fill in the blanks. Please.
View Single Post
April 15th, 2013 (9:56 AM).
Join Date: Apr 2013
I was massive fan of Pokemon back when I was a kid and played Pokemon Red extensively and completely understood the concept the locations and the 150 Pokemon. I also played Pokemon Gold but for the life of me the majority of Pokemon/Locations/Concepts/Storyline has not stuck with me because it has been such a long time.
I have recently got myself a Nintendo DSi XL and will start playing the games again but obviously since the last time I have played there have been a lot of new Pokemon games, story developments, locations, new Pokemon which is a little overwhelming.
My questions are regarding you updating me and helping me fill in some of the blanks, obviously a lot will be filled in from playing the games.
Main things I would like to know.
1. Do story lines continue from game to game?
2. What is the chronological orderings of the games?
3. Were are the new games set and how do they relate to each other and the first Pokemon Red?
4. Do the games relate to the TV Series?
5. I find this difficult to explain but I will try. The whole plot/scenarios and locations of Pokemon Red made sense to me but the new games confuse me because I don't understand were these new locations are, who new characters are and were these new Pokemon came from.
Collecting 150 Pokemon, Getting all 8 badges and becoming the Pokemon League Champion was the ultimate aim. So how has it developed from this?
I want to start at Platinum and work my way up to X and Y eventually but before I start I just want to understand how the Pokemon game world has changed so much since I left.
Also if you could give me any other information that you think could help it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your help.
View Public Profile
Send a private message to CMPUNK1
Find all posts by CMPUNK1
Find threads started by CMPUNK1