Returning to Pokemon games could you help fill in the blanks. Please.
View Single Post
April 15th, 2013 (2:52 PM).
Originally Posted by
1. So basically Pokemon happens in a country and each game is set in a region within that country?
2. Is it posible to catch the original 150 Pokemon in each game?
3. I have actually played Fire Red shall be playing Platinum what would the logical game choice be to play afterwards. Im not running before I can walk but it would be nice to see the direction I will be going in.
4. Were have all these new Pokemon come from? I understand that they have been created to make sure the series hasn't become stale but there is so many Pokemon now its crazy although exciting especially to a returner like me who doesn't know what I'm going to find. Is it like. Could it be explained like different continents around our world have different species of animals?
5. Is there a game in which all Pokemon could potentially be caught?
6. Are the worlds on the games a lot bigger than previous games like red e.g more locations/cities etc
7. I always felt that once I had defeated the elite four the game just kind of fizzled out and became not so interested. How do you guys decide when to end your game and move on to the next game in the series?
8. Is there a game that has multiple regions in it or contains all regions? if not why(cartridge size) and what makes that gyms badges more important than any other regions surely it would make sense to obtain all badges from all regions?
9. This is obviously way in the future for me but with the release of X and Y coming out soon what comes beyond that? by this I mean console wise is it safe to say that the focus for that game and for any game beyond that is going to be 3DS.
10. Finally. What region does each game take place in? and is there a map which features all Regions so I can get a general idea of the setup.
1. Pretty much. Most of the regions are based off of real areas of Japan. Which means they're all connected. The region from Black and White, Unova, is stated to be far away from the others regions though. Part of the Unova region is based on New York.
2. It isn't possible to catch every Pokemon in any specific game, no. However, you can acquire every Pokemon by trading. Which is something you can do online now, if you have WiFi.
4. Basically, yes. The Pokemon are said to be native to specific regions. Just like in real life certain animals are specific to regions.
5. You can own every single Pokemon in existence in a single game. You have to trade to get all the Pokemon, though.
6. Yes. The worlds are bigger and more expansive than in Red/Blue.
7. That's a feeling a lot of people have, and something Gamefreak has been working on. They've been implementing "post game content" which you can do after you defeat the Elite 4 and Champion. You can really move on to the next game whenever you want too. I'd say to at least beat the Champion, though.
8. Sadly the Pokemon games, other than Gold/Silver/Crystal and HeartGold/SoulSilver, only have one region to explore with 8 badges.
9. The focus will mainly be on the 3DS for the foreseeable future.
10. (Map inside spoiler)
Left - Hoenn Region (Gen 3 games)
Center Left - Johto Region (Gen 2 games)
Center Right - Kanto Region (Gen 1 games)
Right - Sinnoh Region (Gen 4 games)
Unova Region (Gen 5 games)
Joined Apr 2013
View Public Profile
Send a private message to BraveNewWorld
Find all posts by BraveNewWorld
Find threads started by BraveNewWorld
Ignore Posts by BraveNewWorld