View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
I think it stems from the threads-closed-for-no-reason that used to happen, the sarcastic remarks people would sometimes get, and the seemingly no-mercy "I'll infract you 10 times before messaging you if you need help."

Example? JustinRPG. Look at some of the thread he has posted here in this section. In some, the mods seem very lovely, and helpful.. but in others, mods overreact "OH MY GOD HOW MANY TIMES DO WE NEED TO TELL YOU?? *lock*"
Let's say he or any other person didn't get it even after the 15th+ time.. as a member I still expect staff to be more respectful and patient (or just put it kindly, even if it's blunt) because.. well.. that's why you were modded right? I get that it can be frustrating.. especially if there was something that was ongoing.. but I think if the community doesn't even have the chance to see that sort of unsavory behavior in the first place, you guys can be seen as more approachable.
As much as this makes sense, I don't think using him as an example would be the best choice.

A) I literally think my brain is about to explode because of all of comments and concerns I have regarding this particular subject/member. I'd hate to let them loose even though I could word them in a way to fit the rules, but I'd still feel terrible on the inside.

B) If I had the time, I would quote to you from about 10% of all his posts, enough 'incidents' to justify a perma-ban...

I'll just stop there. I've seen most of his CQ&F threads and personally I think the level of self-restraint the staff showed in those threads was/is unprecedented. I don't know how they pulled it off.

Kudos.

Last edited by Echidna; April 16th, 2013 at 02:23 PM.