Please make teams ahead of time for the tournaments you're interested in!
→ What is a Community Day?
Community Day is a get-together that's held on the PC Battle Server all day (but it's not exclusive to battling). Tournaments are a mainstay in Community Day, while other activities such as mafia, diplomacy, and the like can be hosted during CD as well. Basically, Community Day is just about having fun battling and chatting while the server is at its peak of activity. If you would like, you may suggest other activities in this thread that we can do during Community Day. Also, keep in mind that Community Day is meant to be a very laid-back event, so really anyone can participate. There's no pressure on whether you win or lose in a tournament, or if you don't join one at all. We're all doing this to have a good time.
→ When is the upcoming Community Day?
Community Day starts at 8 AM (GMT -5 / EST) on Saturday, June 1st and ends at midnight. That is 8 AM in New York; 1 PM in England; 9 PM in Western Australia; 12 AM in eastern Australia; and 5 AM in California. Just so you know, you don't need to be there at the launch; Community Day lasts all day so that everyone can participate regardless of their time zone.
→ How do I sign up?
There's no signing up required. All you have to do is show up on the PC Battle Server during the times we have listed in this thread. You might want to prepare teams for each tournament you plan on joining though. The tournament themes will be listed in this thread for that reason. Additionally, if you were online during this Community Day, you will receive the bronze emblem below. You can also get the silver or gold emblems if you've already participated in one or two Community Days, respectively.
→ What are the tournament rules, themes, and schedule?
All you have to do is follow BC's General Battle Rules. The ban lists for the tournament themes below can be found here. All tournaments are "Best of One" (participants battle each other once to determine a match-up) unless stated otherwise. Don't know what tiers are or need usage statistics? Use our Guides & Resources.
PC Battle Server themes
1. Summer-themed OU (Sun permanently starts at the beginning of each battle (you don't need to use Ninetales or Sunny Day on your team; the sun starts automatically). The abilities Drizzle, Snow Warning, and Sand Stream are banned, but the moves with similar effects are not. All Ice-type Pokémon are banned, including dual types.)
2. NU (moveset analyses)
3. May Mayhem (Seasonal) (Read this article for more information.)
4. Singles or Doubles Random Battle (randomly generated teams)
5. Random Battle 1-vs-1 (randomly generated teams)
6. High, Medium, or Low Tier Random Battle (randomly generated teams)
7. OU (standard) (moveset analyses)
8. UU (moveset analyses)
9. RU (moveset analyses)
10. LC (Read this guide for more information.) (moveset analyses)
There will not be any Wi-Fi tournaments unless there's enough people that want them.
We will go from the first theme listed and make our way down. The Wi-Fi tournaments will most likely run at the same time as the server tournaments. The orders may change during Community Day, but it's not likely. There is also a chance that we'll use other themes if there's a demand for them.