View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”

~Isaac Asimov

Let's not start espousing that everybody's opinion is of equal value and therefore has equal authority. That leads us down a very dangerous road. I wouldn't be as moderate as some of the others here.

Hopefully the investigation will lead to answers sometime soon. Apparently the bombs were packed in pressure cookers, and one of the three dead was an international student from China. Her parents must feel incredibly awkward right now - how do you even respond to your child's death when they're 20000 km away from you? They'll probably take this and maybe last month's savings and buy the first ticket they can to be with their daughter and make arrangements. She tweeted a picture of her breakfast that morning. I don't know, it feels incredibly disorienting to realize the loss suffered by her friends and family especially when she was so tangible right before she was killed.

Reflection aside, I hope they can find perpetrator + motive soon. News sources are saying it's lone wolf with the gunpowder and pressure cooker. Professionals would've been more professional.