View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2013 (10:08 PM).
Harley Quinn
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by ShinyUmbreon189:
So why aren't everyday shootings on the news? They don't care, it means nothing to the public and nobody "cares" to put out the information. Instead they just hit local news. You see where I'm coming from?
I don't think it's because people don't care, but because they don't want to care. Am I phrasing it right? The media already has enough stories about doom & gloom, bombings in war-torn countries, children blown to bits, I won't care to list the highly varied list of pain on suffering on the daily news. If the media were to show 'everyday' shootings on the news, it'd just crush the people even more. This is what happens in New Zealand, where I live. We don't have bombings, there hasn't been a war here for well over a hundred years, we report on the tragedies on the world and also our own. We report on the everyday shootings. Let me tell you, it sucks. The paper is usually describing at least one horrific shooting (children too) every day, and it sucks. These make nationwide headlines and for the third time, it sucks. They make nationwide headlines because we care. But we don't want to care because it connects us to the pain, the pain we don't want to hear about but we hear about anyway. Do you get what I'm saying?