Old April 17th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyardosamped View Post
Even if you don't share my mentality, people shouldn't go around saying, "yeah, I'm all for equality except I don't really approve of gay marriage." I'm sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but doesn't marriage equality make up a large component of equality in general? I was merely stating that people shouldn't be gloating that they're all for equality except don't approve of gay marriage, because it just makes those people seem like hypocrites and bigots.
Disapproving doesn't necessarily mean "against." Like I said earlier, I'm not a big fan of homosexual marriage or unions, partly due to religious background and because I find it unnatural.

However,

Just because I feel that way, doesn't mean that should decide if two people who love each other can or cannot get married. That's their decision, and I ought not have a part in interfering with it. They are consenting, legal adults who can think for themselves and who know what's best for them. I don't. Why should my mentality keep them from marrying? That's not fair at all.

I believe that everyone is equal as human beings, which means every human being gets the same rights regardless sexual orientation, gender, "class," etc. I can still support equal rights for all and still retain my own thoughts about the topic. People can do what they want; if they're not in my face about it, I won't throw my disapproval in their faces. The world would work well this way imo.

Again, I shall reiterate: New Zealand has done a great thing for universal human rights in that country and if other countries follow suit, that's great. No one ought to deny others basic rights like these simply because of personal opinion, mentality or judgment. Those kinds of things ought to be kept out of politics.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club