View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2013 (11:53 PM).
Brendino
Thank you Marty!

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by BlahISuck:
And did you guys know that Canadian teens smoke more weed than those in other developed countries?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle11221668/
I can't say that it surprises me all that much, but then again, I am in BC. I won't use it myself, but at least 2 or 3 times a month I've had random people come up to me and ask if I wanted to by some weed, which I still find odd every time. My high school was pretty bad with people who smoked it, though. I can't remember if it was grade 9 or 10, but one of those years, more than 50 students (out of ~1300) were caught on school grounds with some.

As for the whole tu vs. vous thing, my French teacher in middle school made a big deal about it. We had a split class (half grade 6, half grade 7), so any time we spoke to each other during presentations, the younger students would have to ask things like Quel âge avez-vous? instead of Quel âge as-tu? or else we would lose marks. I thought it was a little silly since we were all still classmates, but it did drive home the difference between the two.