PokeCommunity Radio Room
View Single Post
April 18th, 2013 (4:55 PM). Edited May 20th, 2015 by Dave.
proliferation of spirits and vapor
Join Date: Jan 2012
WELCOME TO THE POKECOMMUNITY RADIO
Welcome one and all to PokeCommunity's
very own online radio room
, hosted in Culture & Media by yours truly! This used to be the only radio around, but since it had to be taken down temporarily due to personal complications, other channels were made in its absence. Hopefully, we eventually start to use this as the communal radio stream again, but in the meantime, this is is a place for members to come together, create a playlist of their favorite tracks, and play them for their friends while at the same time chatting and carrying on like no-one's business. It's a fabulous combination of listening to music while hanging out with your fellow PokeCommunity members.
Written below is a list of things that are required to be done to start listening to music.
Easiest step, probably, besides actually listening to music - just register as the instructions are provided.
Creating your playlist
• Click the 'My Playlists' button in the top left portion of the page.
• Next to 'Your Playlists' in the top left corner of the window that pops up, click 'New.'
• This will bring up a window that asks you to choose a name for your playlist. After doing so, click 'Create Playlist.'
Composing your playlist
• Click the purple bullet list button in the lower left corner.
• At the top is a search bar. Type in the name of the video you want and hit enter.
• As the results are displayed, you may choose the one you want and click the plus sign to the right. It will drop down a list of your current playlists. You can click the playlist you want to add the video to and after confirming, the video will be appended to the playlist! Rinse and repeat until you've created the perfect playlist.
• You can rearrange the order of your songs by clicking and dragging them to their new locations while viewing the playlist.
How to DJ
When you're done, you're ready to DJ! Click the button in the middle-bottom of the screen that says 'Click to DJ.' Once you've done that, you'll be added to the DJ queue and when your turn comes up, the first video in your playlist will start playing. Once done, you'll be shuffled back to the end of the queue, or you can choose to leave it by clicking 'Quit DJing.'
This may all seem like a lot, but it's very simple and very fun once you know what you're doing. Please do consider coming and jamming out to your favorite tracks with us sometime, alright? So what are you waiting for?
Click here to join us and start DJing
! If there are any questions, please direct them to the host and Moderator of the section,
TURN ON THE BRIGHT LIGHTS
Also Known As:
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Dave
Find all posts by Dave
Find threads started by Dave