Thread: [Other] Atlantis Awakening [IC] [M]
View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky

Oakley North - Atlantean Relief Centre, London, England

October 31st, 2012
"Fantastic! I'm very glad that you're all on board with this," the Librarian looked quite excited, like a child who had been given a new toy. "I promise that you will never regret this decision. I swear on my life."

He hopped into the driver's side, Adeline (or Otto, as she had insisted) slipping into the opposite side. The back seat was a little cosy for a second, until the Librarian banged his hand on the roof and the car instantly became as spacious as a large SUV.

"Hi," Oakley said to the boy who she hadn't met yet, "I'm Oakley."

"Alright, this will only take a second," he placed his hands the wheel and in a second, they were gone.

They reappeared in a peculiar place, something that wasn't at all recognisable, but this may have been because it was pitch black and it was impossible to see anything. Oakley heard a door open in the front the Librarian slide out in front. Unsure what to do, Oakley sunk into her seat, waiting for her eyes to adjust to the darkness.

"Hold on just a minute," the Libarian said. He seemed to walk away, his steps echoing loudly, and return back to the car a minute or so later. There was a clap and a bright light blinded Oakley. Her hands went immediately to her eyes, shielding them for a moment until she thought it was safe to brave the light. They were in... a garage, full of cars. And it wasn't a small garage, it was probably the size of a football field and filled with loads of different kinds and colours of cars. Knowing nothing about cars, she only admired them for their obvious age and rarity.

With a beckoning hand from the Libarian, she opened the taxi door and stepped out, gawking fully at the sheer size of everything. She hadn't noticed in the car but there were stairs and platforms with even more vehicles, not just limited to cars, but planes and boats.

"Whoa," Oakley whispered, her tiny voice echoing through the what Oakley could less describe as a garage and more of a hanger.

"Follow me, please," Otto, already out of the car, lead the group towards a door and down a hallway. The halls were equally as impressive as the garage, the walls decorated with paintings Oakley vaguely recognised from art history books. She couldn't tell if they were real or not, but by the look of his garage, it wouldn't surprise her if they would.

Their short walk ended as they turned into a room that Oakely could only describe as a kitchen and dining room, decorated brightly with pastels and whites. It was looking at something that had just come out of an IKEA catalogue, even with the fine touches of a cake display tower littered with all kinds of sweets. The Librarian gestured for them all to sit, Otto taking her place at the end of the table. Oakley took a seat much closer to the kitchen bench where the Librarian was leaning, staring at the cakes and feeling her mouth water.

"Please, help yourself," he said, walking over and grabbing on himself to munch on. He returned the the bench with a smile on his face and an icing moustache. Oakley accepted the inivitation, grabbing a little cupcake herself. It was probably the best cupcake she had ever had.

"Thank you."

"My pleasure," he bowed his head. "It's almost four o'clock now, so we won't hassle ourselves with any kind of training today. I'll leave you after this for the rest of the night to explore and do whatever you wish. But for now, we can get well aquainted and you may ask me any question you like. Any question. I will answer everything truthfully, I give my word. All of my resources are now available to you, so if you do need anything, please ask. Now that we are in this together, I promise to keep you up to date on anything you need to know, let it be current affairs or the score from the last Lakers game. So please," he bowed his head again, "ask anything you like."