Thread: [Discussion] Perspectives on Atheism
View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2013 (09:23 AM).
SylphyStarr
SylpyStar

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to SylphyStarr
I find myself not fitting into any specific box and generally try to avoid putting labels onto myself but I would have to say atheist is as close as it gets for me. I don't believe in any sort of higher power or holy book or dogma, but I do believe in my own set of personal morals, and one of those is not to judge others. If you are religious then that is what I believe a personal choice and applaud you. That is, as long as you keep it a personal choice. I won't go trying to "corrupt" anyone just as I don't really appreciate people who try to shove religion down anyone's throat. It's true that I find someone who is a good person solely because they personally believe it is right more noble than someone who is only doing it to please a god, but again it is a personal choice and as long as you are a generally good person we won't have any sort of conflict. I feel like I would appreciate certain religions such as Christianity more if the general consensus followed their own holy creed closer. (ie focusing more on helping those less fortunate and loving thy neighbor more than persecuting those who disagree, as the former is mentioned much more often in the bible). I also am more likely to become close with someone who shares common beliefs with me, not because I am close-minded, but because it just usually is a better fit.