View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2013 (05:57 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by bobandbill:
Thread approval would be a start.

That said I am still on the fence with it at best - all in all it doesn't sound all too different from what I remember of member fanclubs besides that a person makes the thread of themselves/by themselves. With boasting or not, I can't see more popular members not getting the spotlight in the long term without something else in place, and that in itself may discourage newer members. Thing is, I'm not too sure what else would do to help that... so anyone have ideas on that aspect? Maybe some 'spotlight' feature that goes through all newer threads (but somehow doesn't miss any)...?

'Course, could be just me who feels this way. =p
The problem is that....it's kind of an issue that'll happen regardless. You'd expect more popular members like Hikari10, Nica, and the like to have tons of replies, and there's really not much you can do about that. I feel that it's a problem with the general environment of PC more than anything else, and that if you're a new member and no one knows you, then some people are going to shy away from you until you "integrate" yourself better into the community, in other words. It's kind of a saddening thing, but inevitable nonetheless. Of course, I would personally encourage new members to post AMAs in that subforum regardless, as I feel that, as a community, we're pretty open about ourselves and we're very willing to get to know one another. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't, but it never really hurts to try!