View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2013 (08:04 PM).
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
Quote originally posted by Patchisou Yutohru:
I think 10 is a good number for the beginning. 10 a week, and when a moderator notices a new thread, they'll check it out and add it to the waiting list if it's approved. Threads will stay indefinitely after they're approved, but we'd only approve 10 a week to make sure everyone gets a chance to have people ask them questions and nobody goes unnoticed.
Personally I'm not a fan of rate limiting the number of threads that are approved. I think it'd stifle the growth of the section way too early in it's life and make some members feel like it's too much trouble. I'd much rather there be an active thread as soon as the mod approves it to be honest, and if thread approvals HAVE TO be spaced out, then space it out over a shorter period like say, a day or two days, and temporarily pin the newly approved ones so that the activity down below doesn't have to override the limelight of the newly created ones. We could do something reasonable like 3-4 every other day or something, and there's more than enough S-mods and qualified mods to handle that even if the section is only granted one moderator or something at first. (So you'd only need to pick one existing mod, and a new mod for example)
+