Thread: FireRed hack: Pokemon Blue Flames
View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2013 (01:22 AM). Edited April 22nd, 2013 by Ace..
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
Well it looks shiny and new, very nice tiles - although not too sure about the long grass.

Only things I don't like about the screens are how you have done the rugs indoors - surely a rug should be square or round not a weird huge zigzag shape? Looks a bit odd. Also on one of your screen shots a tree has its right side sticking out a house.

What I'd really like is more story, it's clear you've worked on the tiles but with no scripting and no story it's pretty bare... Couldn't you create some back story about the region or something that still manages to avoid too many spoilers?
Thanks. About the grass I actually like it. I didn't like it at first but I then got used to it and found out it actually looks good. I don't find anything wrong with the rug but ill probably try and make it more roundish. Yeah about the tree its supposed to be behind the house sooo... I can indeed create a backstory on the region which I'll do soon. Well I did work on the story and d have some amazing ideas but I don;t wanna say much yet,

Quote:
Originally Posted by long21 View Post
how about physical/special split?
Yes I'll add it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbuja's_BlooDY View Post
*Animated screenshot*
Nice porting, but I sugguest you honestly should make Rb0rn to animate the bottoms of the trees too.
That way they just don't look right while the top of the tree moves and the bottom don't.

*1st indoor screenshot*
In this image I'd reinsert the carpet into the TV's palette (It it isn't already).
And giving the center of it the lighter blue colour.
That yellow lightish colour is probably because in that palette you were using were only 2 blueish colours.
Doing so will make it look better then it already does.

*5th screenshot*
The wild grass doesn't really fit.
But that is just my opinion.
If you chose to change it, try 9 tile grass maybe that will look better.

All around its one of the better hacks.
You will probably get some problems later in game if you go wtih that style of houses.
Zein has only 32 houses in that style, and you probably wont be able to make an entire region with 32 houses.

Id like to see a screenshot where the mountain tiles were used.
Btw the mapping isn't that bad either.
Thanks. I'll definitely take into consideration everything you said. And I'll show the Mountain tiles soon. :>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
No release => no download

@ForeverDash: "Release a Spanish version first" ... wouldn't be surprised :D
lol

Also I'm Looking for Spriters. If you're interested send me a PM :3