View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:00 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
You bring up a fair point here but...I imagine it like this, and bear with me, because hopefully a lot of what I'm saying would make sense here (cause lol my wording):

Yes, it doesn't need to be crazily active but...would it at least help, in a sense? Note that I'm not asking for a grandiose amount of activity here, that's silly of course. But in my ideal ~*world~* (so to speak), in this situation, these event organizers would kind of be like a team of people, planning events left and right and whatnot, and what could work as events, and what couldn't work, things of that nature.

Basically, think of the VIP forum and replace like 2/3rds - 3/4ths of the threads in there with event discussion, and that's what I imagine it to be like. I mean, that's just in my mind, after all, it'd be pretty fun. :x

Hopefully that helps?
It does! And while it's not a bad idea, I still feel like it is limiting to those who might just want to host a one-off event but they don't want the responsibility of having an event organizer status (or if mods don't feel they're active enough to have it, would they just have to pass up their event to the organizer's desecration?)
And yeah, of course lots more activity would be helpful.. hmm.. maybe we could have both? Event Organizers would be like mod-helpers for that section while others are free to post too?

I don't know what the VIP forum is like, sorry.. Tier 2 supporters can't see it.. but I think I understand what you mean.

I guess it is just up to what the moderators would prefer..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
You bring up a fair point here but...I imagine it like this, and bear with me, because hopefully a lot of what I'm saying would make sense here (cause lol my wording):

Yes, it doesn't need to be crazily active but...would it at least help, in a sense? Note that I'm not asking for a grandiose amount of activity here, that's silly of course. But in my ideal ~*world~* (so to speak), in this situation, these event organizers would kind of be like a team of people, planning events left and right and whatnot, and what could work as events, and what couldn't work, things of that nature.

Basically, think of the VIP forum and replace like 2/3rds - 3/4ths of the threads in there with event discussion, and that's what I imagine it to be like. I mean, that's just in my mind, after all, it'd be pretty fun. :x

Hopefully that helps?
It does! And while it's not a bad idea, I still feel like it is limiting to those who might just want to host a one-off event but they don't want the responsibility of having an event organizer status (or if mods don't feel they're active enough to have it, would they just have to pass up their event to the organizer's desecration?)
And yeah, of course lots more activity would be helpful.. hmm.. maybe we could have both? Event Organizers would be like mod-helpers for that section while others are free to post too?

I don't know what the VIP forum is like, sorry.. Tier 2 supporters can't see it.. but I think I understand what you mean.

I guess it is just up to what the moderators would prefer..?

Last edited by Kura; April 22nd, 2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.