View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2013 (01:35 AM).
OffRoadSP
Exploring Kalos

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to OffRoadSP
Back in Chargestone Cave, I did manage to find two more of N’s Pokémon: Klink first, and then very shortly after that, Joltik. I then finally made it to the other side of the cave, and arrived in Mistralton City! I went directly to the Pokémon Center, but outside of it I saw Professor Juniper talking to Skyla, the Mistralton Gym Leader.

“Hi, Steve,” said Professor Juniper. “Glad to see you made it here!”

“Hi, Professor,” I replied. “And hello to you too, Skyla! Long time no see.”

“Good to see you again!” Skyla greeted.

“Oh yeah! Professor, here, let me give you these,” I handed over two Poké Balls. “Here are two more of N’s Pokémon. I think there’s just one more for me to find.”

“I’ll be sure to take care of them!” she responded. “How is your Pokédex coming along?”

“I’ve seen 225 species in Unova. And caught 224 of them.”

“Great job!” Juniper said. “Isn’t it amazing how much nature and Pokémon in the wild can change over two years? We went from only 151 Pokémon living in Unova to around 300! You should explore more of eastern Unova next, Steve. There’s plenty of Pokémon that live there that you won’t find elsewhere in Unova! But before you go, I want to give you this. It’s a little something I came across while I’ve been traveling, and I think you can use it!”

“That’s a Master Ball!” I exclaimed. “Thanks, Professor Juniper!”

“Tell you what, Steve,” Skyla interjected. “How about after I fly the Professor where she needs to go, you and I have a battle? After that, I can fly you to eastern Unova.”

“It might be a good idea,” added the Professor. “Some Pokémon there can only be found when the weather is cold, and since the weather is getting nicer, they might be impossible to find. So you should get there sooner than later.”

I told Skyla I would take her up on her offer. I said my good-byes to both of them, then took a small break at the Pokémon Center before returning to Chargestone Cave.

Back in Chargestone Cave, I did manage to find N’s Boldore, the last of the four Pokémon he used when we battled here two years ago. Satisfied with my training in the cave, I decided to take a break and visit the Entralink Forest. I finally got a chance to participate in some Funfest missions to raise the level of my Entree. The White Lv has gone up by 3:

Entree’s Total Level: 17
Black Lv.: 6
White Lv.: 11
Available Pass Powers: 12

In addition, I was awarded two new medals towards the Medal Rally!

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 80/106
New Medals:
Ace Pilot
Achiever Lv. 1

And finally, later in the evening, my Swinub evolved into Piloswine!

“Piloswine, the Swine Pokémon, and the evolved form of Swinub. Piloswine have an excellent sense of smell and can even find mushrooms that are buried under frozen ground. They are covered by a shaggy coat that is strong against the cold. Their tusks of ice thicken when it snows.”

225. Piloswine

April 21, 2013

I explored a bit of Mistralton City, and not too much has changed. So to continue my training while waiting for Skyla, I took my Pokémon north to Route 7.

While I was walking around the route, I discovered a wild Seviper! I haven’t seen one of these in a while, since back in Hoenn I believe. I managed to capture it.

“Seviper, the Fang Snake Pokémon. Seviper whet their bladed tails on rocks for battle. This constant polishing makes the edge of the blade on their tails extrememly sharp. For many generations, they have feuded with Zangoose and are archrivals.”

226. Seviper

I found a small hidden grotto in one of the corners of Route 7, and there I found another Seviper! I decided to catch it. This one was definitely special, instead of its usual ability of Shed Skin, this Seviper had the ability Infiltrator.

April 23, 2013

I rotated many of my Pokémon as I trained on Route 7. One of the trainer battles I had was with these young twins, which is notable because the Pokémon they used were a Seviper and… a Zangoose! That is definitely an odd tag battle pair given that they are rivals!

“Zangoose, the Cat Ferret Pokémon. Zangoose have sharp claws on their front paws which are their biggest weapons. They fan out these claws to threaten those they encounter. For many generations, they have feuded with Seviper and are archrivals.”

After defeating them with my own recently caught Seviper and Azumarill, they told me that recently, both Seviper and Zangoose have been seen living here on Route 7, though they are rare to find. Despite that, I spent the rest of the evening searching for a Zangoose, but had no luck catching one.
Mountain Kalos Pokédex: Seen 63 Obtained 42
Kalos Medals: 80
Kalos Ribbons: 10