Old April 24th, 2013, 05:57 AM
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi-san View Post
Let's be pizza bros 8D

At my job, opening is way easier. I don't like closing at all. When I close I feel rushed to get everything done on time, and there's a million things to do to close in addition to trying to sell food. There's a bit of that with opening, but at least I can eventually catch up. Also, I like having to get up early but get out of the mall by 5pm tops.

So when you say roll dough, do you just stretch it out and other people top it, or do you make the rest of the pizza too? At my job I do all the steps in the recipe, but we're a by-the-slice place, and we're slow enough we never need more than 2 people making food at once and when we do we're making two different items at once. The only time we do an assembly line is when we have a huge catering order.
Well for us, I get there at around 8 in the morning and for three hours I make all the pizza skins, twist skins (for garlic/cinnamon twists) and pan crusts. I have to try and get enough for the day shift out buy opening at 11:00 am. Then I come out and depending on what the manager for the day decides to put me on, I either make the pizzas, work register, work oven, bus tables and wash dishes, or work on salad bar. Then after the lunch rush, around one to two o clock, I go back and finish rolling out enough skins to finish off the night shift. We aren't slow enough to have just a couple people working out front, but not busy enough to have a dedicated roller who stays back in the roll room rolling all day haha.

Although now that I am gonna be a shift supervisor, I will be doing less rolling and more bookwork, shift setup, and other managerial stuff lol.