View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
Should we assume that the Pokemon shown in the trailers will be obtainable in X and/or Y? If that's the case then we know that, at least, these past Pokemon will be available.

Pikachu (Pichu, Raichu)
Gligar (Gliscor)
Psyduck (Golduck)
Kirlia (Ralts, Gardevoir, Gallade)
Patrat (Watchog)
Pansear (Simisear)
Munchlax (Snorlax)
Mienfoo (Mienshao)
Magikarp (Gyarados)
Golurk (Golett)
Dratini (Dragonair, Dragonite)
Zangoose
Machamp (Machop, Machoke)
Genesect
Mewtwo

No, those are shown for viewing only. As far as we know none of those are Pokemon that are actually in game. They are just there to show off the Game's graphics. They do this all the time with promotional material. Which led to huge disappointments in the past since they always show Pokemon not available in games for mock up pictures.

Genesect is also a Download only Pokemon. Like all the others there isn't much chance of that changing. We may get an item but still you'd have to get it from an event meaning there'd be no way to get to Genesect without having an event present.

As for Mewtwo, I don't think he plays any part in the games. Sorta like the Keldeo hype during B2W2. Big promo showing off his new form...doesn't do anything or isn't even part of the story.

But, ya they have that "Not actual game footage" thing going on so odds are against them being in the game itself.

Seeing as we'll be getting a regional bug set, Bird, Pikachu Clone, and regional rat...I doubt we'll see any of the originals in the game right off (except maybe Pikachu but ya never know). I kinda want Pidgey back in for my own biased reasons.

Oh right there are three possibles in since they were part of the statue, Golurk, Eevee, and Plapitoad.