View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Chatot Lover
happy

Nature: Relaxed
Hi there, Drakow,

the doctor who examined you sounds like one of the many people who has absolutely no clue about handedness and the likes. This is no wonder, as like I said, the whole topic is not really present in society.

Everyone has a dominant hand. Since you say that you chose your left-hand for writing because your brother is left-handed as well, there is a possibility that you're a converted right-hander. I'm not saying you are but that you could be.

How old were you when the doctor examined you? Usually, at the age of 2, a child has found his/her dominant side.

What problems do you exactly have while writing? Do you have a bad handwriting or do you also make mistakes easily? Do you feel that writing makes you tired? Does your hand hurt?

Here's a tip: Have a look at old photos in which you are 2 or 3 years old, and examine the way you do things with each hand. You might find yourself doing things with your right or left hand a lot and thus, you might be able to draw a conclusion about your handedness.

Besides that, all I can tell you is that you may observe yourself very well. Do you do things which need a lot of precision with your right or left hand? If you want to catch a ball, which hand do you use? If you want to put a thread through a needle, which hand does what?

I hope, I could help you a little bit.