View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2013 (02:05 PM).
Pidgey
Say my name, silverflame, take control
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I never actually experienced this myself, as I'd never trained neither Chansey or Golbat to evolve in my Leaf Green, although I learned about the "feature" a while back. I see what Gamefreak were trying to do with it, however, the idea of remaking is to get them up to date after all, and that means including what the other games provided us with, ie new types, new Pokemon, etc. If they went solely for a graphical update, then sure, it'd be acceptable, but the addition of the whole Ruby and Sapphire thing makes it clear that they weren't, and that kinda contradicts the whole thing about staying true to the originals.

I mean, of course they're added through the National Dex later on, but it wouldn't harm anything to include a few extra Pokemon because they were evolutions added in a later gen. And if they really wanted the part before beating the league to be an exact copy of the first games, just with the updated graphics and mechanics, they really should've waited with the whole Sevii Isles thing till after as well, not right after the 7th gym. And don't freaking move Moltres! :[