View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2013 (10:10 AM).
Exploring Hoenn
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to OffRoadSP
April 24, 2013

I woke up early and decided to continue my search for a Zangoose before work. After about two hours (waaay longer than I should have spent), I finally found one! I threw a Poké Ball immediately, but the Zangoose just knocked the ball away. So I had Nosepass use Thunderwave to paralyze it. I tried a Poké Ball again, but still no luck. It then knocked out Nosepass with Revenge, so I switched to Drifblim, and had it use a few Gust attacks on it to weaken it. Then one more Poké Ball, and I finally caught the elusive Zangoose!

227. Zangoose

Also, while I was searching, my Grimer’s Sludge Wave attack seemed to become much more powerful. Then I realized it was actually a new move… my Grimer now knows Gunk Shot, the most powerful poison-type move! Though powerful, it does lack accuracy, but I still think it will be a nice addition to Grimer’s battle strategy.

At the end of the day I did squeeze in a little more training at the Celestial Tower. But I hear that Skyla is back. It’s time to think about my battle strategy against her!

April 25, 2013

I finished training in the Celestial Tower, and on the way back I peeked in the Hidden Grotto on Route 7 where I found a Zangoose. I caught it, and this one had the ability of Toxic Boost, rather than a Zangoose’s typical ability of Immunity. I find that interesting. Since Zangoose and Seviper have been rivals for centuries, Zangoose have evolved from being immune to Seviper’s poison, to becoming stronger from it!

Then I stopped at the Pokémon Center and made a final decision on what Pokémon I would use in my battle against Skyla. I went defensive, and chose to take Onix and Aron with me, in addition to my Grimer. I did some training on Route 7 with that team, and I gave my Onix the Metal Coat I very recently found when I was exploring Chargestone Cave. It wasn’t very long before both Aron and Onix evolved!

“Lairon, the Iron Armor Pokémon, and the evolved form of Aron. Lairon fight over territory, and when their steel bodies collide, sparks fly. They dig up iron ore for food.”

“Steelix, the Iron Snake Pokémon, and the evolved form of Onix. Steelix have bodies that are harder than diamonds. It is thought that their bodies transformed as a result of iron accumulating internally from swallowing soil.”

228. Lairon

229. Steelix

I decided to do a sweep of the other Hidden Grottos I discovered as I made my way back to the Nimbasa City Sports Domes, where I wanted to train my newly evolved Pokémon more. The Hidden Grotto in the Lostlorn Forest had a Combee in it! This one had the special ability of Hustle.

After doing some training in Nimbasa I returned to Mistralton City, gave my Pokémon to Nurse Joy at the Pokémon Center, and went to bed.
Hoenn Pokédex: Seen 159 Obtained 157
Hoenn Medals: 41
Kalos Pokédex: Seen 453 Obtained 453
Central Kalos Pokédex: Seen 151 Obtained 151
Coastal Kalos Pokédex: Seen 151 Obtained 151
Mountain Kalos Pokédex: Seen 151 Obtained 151
Kalos Medals: 108
Kalos Ribbons: 12