Thread: [Idea] Pokemon Draconite
View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2013 (03:57 PM). Edited April 29th, 2013 by Dradier234.
Dradier234

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Varion:
Nice idea, but I'm pretty sure Steven grew up in Hoenn, hence why he is Champion of Hoenn.
Thanks, Varion! I haven't gotting to that point, still hiring members and brainstorming right now! :D
Quote originally posted by Nickalooose:
Maybe that's what they want you to believe

Interesting, at first I was going to question, why you have 3 projects... If you failed at the first, fair enough... Failed at the second, what's going on... Fail at this one, you should quit... Don't make too much of a work load, and if the project will be as big as you want it, do what most others fail to do...
TAKE...YOUR...TIME...
So many "developers" rush into getting a release, that the game turns out to be fails, nobody follows and non-stop criticism.

Now, on to your game.

Steven, I wouldn't use a character who already has a point in the game.

200 Pokémon from GenI-GenV... How? Before Red, Blue and Green... I mean like, um, how? Since before them, Rayquaza was probably a drawing concept that never made the original cut...

Mystery Gift is no longer a great feature since it's in Essentials, you may as well put berry picking and Dependent Events too...

20 years before Red, Blue and Green... Steven would be -20 years old or something, in-fact, you could probably base this game off his dad becoming a 10 year old claiming his first Pokémon called Retromon...

I could keep babbling on, but I change my mind, I'm not interested in this anymore... Not trying to be mean, but honest... I won't support this until your plot thickens or the game has progression, will look out none the less, though.
Thanks for your feedback, Nickaloose. Let me replie to you paragraph by paragraph.

I actually have more then 3 games in progress. Pokemon TS I quit on, because DarkDoom already had a project similar, and I didn't want to just copy everything. For Pokemon Chaos Mind I quit that too, because I was also very bored of it. I don't consider me failing the games, Pokemon Turbulent Souls and Pokemon Chaos Mind was meant to be similar and a package of evil projects, so basicly, there just one huge project, but two big games. Most of my other games in progress are just for sharpening my skills and practice. I don't rush my game development. I quit my other projects for this one, and I go in a slow pace. Why did I quit these two projects, well one of course, I got bored, second, since I was so bored and uninterested, I didn't update as much and that caused people to also lose interest, I often had to post 5 times in a row to get attention. I think there is nothing wrong with making lots of projects, you just have to be organized. Here let me give you a list of my reccent projects and my plans.

Pokemon Chaos Mind: Really, really slow, almost no progress
Pokemon Turbulent Souls: quit
Pokemon Draconite: Slow..
Bloodred Boundaries: Normal....

So basicly, the only project I'm actually taking some time on is Pokemon Draconite and my other game. I think the reason I wasn't so succesful for P.C.M and P.T.S is because I was working alone, and I got really bored, after working almost a year on the projects and getting rarely any progress. Now, that I'm more experienced, I think I'll use my time more wisely and efficiantly.

Steven was in the game, but only as a champion. When I started playing Pokemon Emerald and Pokemon Raptor, I always wondered, what about Steven's path? What was he like as a child? And I was particularly interested in the character, so I decided to make brainstorms about Stevens path, and what he may have looked like, and his personality.

I personally think mystery gift is a great feature, and it always got me excited when I got a rare Pokemon.

Well, since I'm using Essen. 11, why can't I include 5th gen? Maybe the 5th gen pokemon could be undiscovered to no being outside of the Draconia region, or we could say that Oak already discovered 5th gen. If theres spriters, we might actually replace 5th gen with fakemon!

Okay, lets put this game 32 years before the RBG adventures then, so it makes more sense. Retromon? No thanks. Just because this is set a long time ago, doesnt mean that everything has to be old school.

Progress will come, but I have to set up a team first, thanks for your feedback though!

Update
I updated the thread with more plot and info.