View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2013 (11:31 AM).
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlerine View Post
I have to say that I think any form of response, even one as indirect as a 'like', would be of interest.
That was my thought as well when I asked this question. I'm trying to find some way to make it "easier" to let authors know that people are reading their stories, and the Like system is the easiest way I can think of. It only takes less than a second to click the Like button, while (for me personally) it could take up to a half-hour to write out a review.

Quote:
The danger is, of course, that reviews lapse in favour of 'liking' - but honestly, since virtually no one is reviewing anyway (and here I'm as guilty as everyone else, and more so than some), I'm not sure that that's going to be a problem.
Indeed. I'll admit that a thought I had would be if the Likes help authors know that people are interested in their stories, they'll continue to post even without a constant stream of reviews. Right now, I'm trying to strike a balance between "stories that need reviews" and "reviews that need stories", if that makes any sense. We're far into the former, and I'm going to hopefully work on that this month.

Quote:
That kind of scheme would be relatively easy to discover, as well, for anyone who regularly checks on more than one story.
Checking who Liked a story is far easier to moderate than checking post comments, which are more private. If there are any problems, which I too doubt, it can be taken care of.

Thanks, Cutlerine, for the response!