View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2013 (2:06 PM).
Nature: Modest
Day 1- Your Favourite Video Games

Final Fantasy VII-
One of the finest RPG's I ever played. An excellent story combined with a battle system that allowed you to pour some time into it without going overboard with the complexity, It hasn't aged well graphically, but it's music is still memorable to a T. A mind bending villian, and one of the gamings most endearing bad motha's Sephiroth.

Bastion- An Action RPG that's all heart. A game so atmospheric that your are immediately sucked in and you stay that way throughout the entire game. The deep grass rooty voice of the narrator as he guides you along, the wonderful variety of enemies, weapons, buffs, and even Halo Skull like difficulty modifiers, all in which the narrator takes note of as your travel onward as you try to discover what exactly happened to your world. Every character has a purpose and is well written. The soundtrack is so wonderful it's to this day the only soundtrack I've purchased...

Day 2- What is your least favourite Game

Sonic 06-
The reboot of the Sonic the Hedgehog series that was released muti-platform for both the Xbox 360 and Ps3. It was an overall failure in all departments, save one. (It's Soundtrack) Game Breaking glitches, mediocre graphics, and over world that is boring and far to large. It had an interesting set of levels, but every single one of them had flaws in design causing them to be semi-unplayable at the worst of times. A boss battle that was so broken it was suddenly much harder then it should of been. A storyline that is both bland and has alot of moments of previously established characters acting out of character (The biggest victim being Sonic himself). It's a mess, and from someone who enjoys Sonic deeply, it's just dissapointing.

Day 3- A Game that is underrated.

Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Reviz
Mana Khemia is a Jrpg that was released for the Playstation 2. It's a game that I feel fell of the radar quickly despite having some very good qualities about it. Granted it has it's problems, there are some framerate issues which could very well turn people off. If you can get past though, you discover and JRPG with some very fun characters, battle system, and an alchemy system that allows you some fairly interesting customization. There also is not levelling in the game. Everything is tied to what you create through your alchemy, and the items you create give you buffs and abilities when placed onto a grid. It reminds me a bit of the Sphere's in FFX or the Licences in XII.