View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2013, 10:07 AM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlerine View Post
Indeed it would. This is something I'd like to see considered; people might well start reviewing more if they knew they were going to get something of a review in exchange. Food for thought, anyway.
A little bit of research found that this idea was attempted in the Poetry section and in 2010 for FF&W in general. In Poetry, the idea was that if someone posted a poem, they would review two people's works. Those two people would, in turn, review the first one's poem. In 2010, we tried this.

Neither idea worked.

Quote:
Well, it sounds like a good idea to me. We won't know if the scheme will succeed if we don't try it - and if it doesn't work, it can simply be quietly and unobtrusively banished to the void, and its existence forgotten. Besides, I'm sure I could find time to review a random fic each week. Somehow. There must be others who have a spare hour or two somewhere in their week.
We'll try this idea in a few short seconds. As soon as I finish this post, I'll pick a completely random thread from the first page and sticky it. I'm sure in the course of the week, a few people will have time to review it.