Thread: [Gallery] Bunch o' sketches
View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Sylphiel

Nature: Quirky
Thank you everyone. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexial357 View Post
Wow, I am so glad you decided to post a gallery.

This work is really great. I mean, these are seriously stunning. I know they're not full fledged pieces, but I can tell that you're extremely comfortable with a pencil. I think that's what this gallery speaks volumes of, actually. Because, again, these aren't completed drawings... but it displays so well your sheer talent. Especially when it comes to animal anatomy. Do you generally draw animals? Because it shows. The poses are all so natural looking and that Purrloin is just.. amazing.

I think the other thing I love is the fact that I can identify the characters personalities. I feel like I get a really great sense of who your Sylveon is and who your lizard fakemon is through their positioning and gesture. Actually, I just found the word. Your characters are organic and easy to relate to. They really look like solid Sugimori-esque work. I also adore how expressive the eyes are on all your drawings. I mean, they're not overly detailed, but that's kind of the beauty of it.

Hm, I don't know about anyone else.. but I'd really love to see that Skarmory drawing! n_n;

This was such a treat to see. I'm not just going to tell you "you should..", nope, I demand that you keep updating this. The simple fact that this is the first time I've seen your work is nothing short of a crime. Really though, you have no idea how much seeing this made my day. I sincerely hope you continue to post your drawings cause I could stare at these forever. :x
Yep, animals are essentially the thing I'm best at drawing (other things, not so much). In regards to things like the Purrloin and Sylveon, I think having lived with cats before really helps. Many nights of studying the kitties as they slept on my bed.

In regards to the skarmory evo....uh. I had some completed pics of it somewhere, where were they...

Oh good, I found a copy on my old photobucket:
Spoiler:

The best of the few I did, since I started running out of steam for that contest after the first pic or two. The pokemon at the bottom isn't mine, it's a skorupi alt evo that belongs to someone else on deviantart.

Actually, I guess there's the crappy sketch beforehand:
Spoiler:

Which was like 10 minutes of me frantically scribbling stuff over an icky digital camera shot to make sure I had something turned in in time. That was a white paper background, darnit!

His name's Tyradamant. I haven't drawn him since then (2009) just because he's such a pain to draw to my liking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
Wow, these are really good. I really like the random lizard, makes me think of the avatar you used before your previous avatar. Or are they the same? I dunno, still awesome though, keep up the good work o 3o
Different one, the one for my avatar was some random fake dragon pokemon I spliced together like years ago. I don't even remember when I made it. ><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Wind View Post
Wow, good pencil works, I'm really fascinated by your semplicity, a realistic semplicity. Can I draw digitally your Cobalion?
Sure, go ahead. :)

As for something new, dragons!

Spoiler:

Okay, this got a slight photoshop treatment. Just random.

Silver dragon. Ballpoint pen plus having some boredom with the colored pencils.