Thread: D/P/Pt: The Distortion World
View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2013 (09:38 PM).
the pretender

Nature: Lax
The Distortion World was easily one of the most mysterious and interesting locations in the Pokemon series. There are impossible sights everywhere, from glowing plants that are flipped upside down and surfing down on waterfalls without losing balance and falling off. To be honest, I was disappointed that there weren't any tough and impressive-looking Pokemon around but then again, I don't think many creatures would enjoy inhabiting a place as chilling as the Distortion World. But overall it was an interesting concept and I have to say Gamefreak did an excellent job with its backstory, the involvement of the three Lake Guardians was also interesting.

In general, I thought it was spooky at first but over time I enjoyed completing the various puzzles. What I never understood though was why Cynthia didn't help you beat Cyrus or left it up to you, to defeat him. I guess that's how games work although it would of been interesting seeing Cynthia annihilate Cyrus's team using either her Garchomp or another powerful all-out attacker like Lucario. Nevertheless I enjoyed the Distortion World and have to say it was an interesting place to explore.