View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2013 (02:35 PM).
Is now DeathofShadows

Nature: Calm
[continuing assuming that this has become a lone mission.]

Kalek Noire - Chapter 2

Kalek looked up from the area he had teleported to. A dark, abandoned storeroom. It was dark outside, but car lights still made New York City look like day. The shifting shadows would assist him at least, and he'd be nearly undetectable once he was off the ground level. The specially crafted blade in his gauntlet assured him of that. The modified blade had a sharp hook on it, ideal for quickly climbing all sorts of material. He found a window near an alleyway, and slipped through quickly. His training allowed him to silently enter the alleyway unnoticed, where he nearly tripped over the legs of a homeless man. The man's eyes stared mournfully up at Kalek, most likely thinking he was some sort of angel of death. Kalek tossed the man a gold coin. It was fake, but the man needent know that. Kalek quickly scaled the building, coming to a rest at the top. Time to locate that abnormal magic.

Kalek instantly felt the abnormal tingling that warned him of high-power magic. It seemed to be coming from a large cruise ship out at sea. It wasn't that far, and Kalek could already see plenty of boats that could easily be used to get to it. Kalek began running, and leapt off the building. Below him, he could see the homeless man looking up at him with a mixture of gratitude and amazement. In a flash, Kalek was once again on top of the next building, taking the most direct rout to the cove that the cruise ship resided in.