• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • A reminder that our new forum software has 2FA! It can be accessed by clicking your username and then "Password and security" from the menu. We strongly suggest not reusing passwords for your online accounts and enabling 2FA if possible.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Hmmm you know what'd be awesome? Braviary evolution. I want to see how far they could possibly go with that, although no doubt it'd be very strong...

I think that Rufflett should evolve into something else before it evolves into Braviary because of how stark the differences in size and aesthetic appeal are.

Off-Topic P.S.: It's great to be back at the Evo/Prevo Speculation page after catching up on all things X and Y over at the general forum.

The only time a new evo or pre-evo of a previous gen Pokémon has been a "mascot" of some kind was Pichu, and that was pretty much just to advertise the existence of baby Pokémon. Hence I find a Sableye evolution being a generation mascot of some kind implausible. :P
Evolutions for both Sableye and Mawile would be cool, although stat-wise, Sableye doesn't really need one.

You know what I want evolved? Torkoal. Give us some Fire/Water awesomeness. >:I

No way; Torkoal's already too big to be a basic Pokémon! Maybe a prevo or two would be more acceptable, or the guy could get the Roselia treatment.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The only logical thing I can see is a split evolution that's suppose to be a physical version of Houndoom, because again, base stats exceeds 500. I know it's been rebuttaled numerous times whenever I bring it up, but I'm 100% guranteed that they won't do it again because of evolite, and there won't be 1st/2nd stage evolutions to Pokemon w/ BST 465+.

There is no 100% guarantee for anything in Pokemon. They won't even consider Evolite when they evolve Pokemon. They never take items into consideration unless the item is used to evolve them. They can evolve anything they want even if they have 500 BST already.

There already are Pokemon that gain evolutions after 465 BST. That alone is proof that they can and will do it. Its something they've already done and it won't break anything if they do it again so there is no huge negative to doing it. Everything can be countered even Evolite. They can have new abilities that ignore hold items new attacks to disarm items. Many things can be done to stop items from ever mattering.

There won't be any point to evolving Pokemon if one little item that holds very little power over an entire game outside of fan ran material. If they got evolutions Smogon would add a Evolite Ban clause just as they have a Drizzle Swim clause. Life Orb also wasn't banned with spreading of Magic Guard and Sheer Force nor is it banned on Pokemon with insanely high attack power already. The same would not effect defensive Pokemon, has a very little chance of having any type of heavy influence on defensive Pokemon, and no one would really care after the meta switches after some time passes anyway.

Gamefreak doesn't revolve around competitive play, nor do they make big decisions based on current meta, considering they've tried to completely change current meta every generation it stands to reason that they'd evolve 500 BST Pokemon just to troll the players. Meta gameplay is low on their priority list and is just an added bonus. They haven't made any of their games with any heavy meta influence in mind. I don't see them starting now especially since even if they make it OP they'll just ban use of the item from their own tournaments anyway.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
As far as I'm concerned, Gamefreak doesn't give two ****s about what happens to competitive battling. They've already created a bunch of power creep, what's stopping them from doing more?

Plus, an evolution doesn't have to have a HUGE BST increase. It could be 30 points or less even. Or even rework some of their other stats like the Magneton --> Magnezone 10 point speed drop.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am not sure if I have posted on this thread and I don't feel like reading through 50+ pages of stuff. Wish I could find the post about people talking about a three headed dog or something.

Anyways, this is a list of pre- evos and evos I would like to see. I am going to try to keep it small, because, like most, I think there was too many in 4th gen.

Pre Evos:

Miltank/Tauros: This is probably the biggest one because they are female/male counterparts.
Scyther
Lapras
Pinsir/Heracross (Same pre evo, evo according to time of day or something similar)
Skarmory
Tropius
Torkoal
Sawk/Throh (Pre evo like Hitmonlee and Chan. Evo depending on stats.)
Audino
Girafarig

Evos:
Pinsir
Heracross
Torkoal
Audino
Skarmory
Donphan
Sableye
Mawile
Khangaskan
Banette
Dunsparce
Girafarig
Qwilfish

This is not what we need, but what I would like to see. Though some are pretty useless. I think this is more than 4th Gen. But I would still like to see half.

Last edited:
Years
I'd love Audino to get an evolution, I'm not too bothered about a pre-evo for it though. But then I wouldn't advocate pre-evos for any pokemon really. I agree with most of your list, but if Chatot needs one then Farfetch'd definitely does.

Primeape would be an interesting one for an evo imo.

@.Aero, GF doesn't do much to give players knowledge of the game mechanics that is required for competitive battling so I agree, they probably are unconcerned with any impact on competitive battling. Without the internet, I wouldn't have knowledge on any of the items used in battling, shinies, pokerus, EVs, IVs, you name it.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
what about evolution for unknown? i always felt sad for the poor thing, and in this case anything will count as improvement

I feel like the whole point of Unown was just being as it was: spelling the alphabet plus a few punctuation marks, and then it later got developed into the storylines of both the anime and the games itself (sort of at least, the whole Arceus event in HGSS). I don't see why they would give it an evolution, but stranger things have happened.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
As far as I'm concerned, Gamefreak doesn't give two ****s about what happens to competitive battling. They've already created a bunch of power creep, what's stopping them from doing more?

Plus, an evolution doesn't have to have a HUGE BST increase. It could be 30 points or less even. Or even rework some of their other stats like the Magneton --> Magnezone 10 point speed drop.

Can even pull more Scyther -> Scisor where they don't gain any stats at all just redistribute the stats to make it a different type of fighter.

Years
I don't really mind if Audino gets an evolution, but I think it's slightly unlikely. But it'd be fun to see. xD

Primeape, I definitely agree with~ n_n I remember it being brought up in this thread before; it evolving into something perhaps angrier, or maybe it's evo is a more calmed version of it (kind of like Slaking to Vigoroth)? Could be possible.

primeape evolution i would like to see, but hope they won't screw it up with something completly different that have no connection to its pre-evolution. i would like it to be even more angry.
by the way i don't think mankey is so calm to create a slaking evolution line.
(look at mankey abilities-vital spirit, defiant, anger point. such abilities show that he is not a calm pokemon).

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
There is this new game announced yesterday for the 3DS which is called 'Pokémon Tretta Lab'. It's a game with 3D Models and information about the Pokémon and imo, it's just another useless Spin-Off game. But the reason why I post it here is because the game comes wit h three Pucks: Eevee, Mewtwo and Lucario. See it? Eevee evolves into Sylveon, Mewtwo has a new Forme and Lucario? Does Lucario gets a new Forme, an evolution or gets Riolu an alternate evolution?

I'm not saying this is evidence for something new about Lucario, but GF may be hinting something.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
There is this new game announced yesterday for the 3DS which is called 'Pokémon Tretta Lab'. It's a game with 3D Models and information about the Pokémon and imo, it's just another useless Spin-Off game. But the reason why I post it here is because the game comes wit h three Pucks: Eevee, Mewtwo and Lucario. See it? Eevee evolves into Sylveon, Mewtwo has a new Forme and Lucario? Does Lucario gets a new Forme, an evolution or gets Riolu an alternate evolution?

I'm not saying this is evidence for something new about Lucario, but GF may be hinting something.

The three are just really popular. Lucario has been an add on to advertisements since gen 4. I mean its a center mascot on Smash since reveal. So I don't think it has much to do with X and Y. Tretta is also still on Gen 5. That updates a few months after the new Gen switch.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I wouldn't mind a Lucario evolution, I see it as the gen 4 Togepi having a baby stage and then evolving by happiness. Togepi got a final evolution 2 generations after gen 2 so maybe Riolu will get a final evolution this generation...I know that the Zoroark speculation really made me want a Lucario evolution, some of the fake lucario evolution art that came out of that was cool, hope it looks something similar to that.

Branellope

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
Allow me to list some Pokemon I think do not need to evolve.
-Pinsir
-Heracross
-Miltank
-Lucario

Tauros I think should become Minotauros. That would be wicked.

Years
Maybe the elemental monkeys will get a shared pre evolution. And maybe they could make a new line like they did with Tyrouge and Hitmontop, only with three stages rather than two. The new Monkey could be electric.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I guess my question to that is, how does it make sense for something Electric to evolve into three completely different types? I mean it's definitely not impossible (because Game Freak does what it wants), but logically that just seems...out there. I mean, if the monkeys just evolved by level up naturally instead of stones, you could theoretically state that using whatever stone would evolve it into Pansear/sage/pour from like a Normal type pre-evolution. But I guess I don't see them having something. Who knows though!

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I think an evo for mightyena
maybe another split for kirlia
alternative_evo__valycross_by_pequedark_velvet-d1zhw7a.png

An evo for sudowoodo and mr mime would be nice
a pre-evo for wailmer and tropius and thats it!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I severely doubt that split evolution would ever happen. For one, I doubt that Lugia is going to have any part in X/Y, so having the Silver Wing to use for a trade item wouldn't make sense. Plus, it's a Key Item, not an item you can hold. I will say it looks cool though =P

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I guess my question to that is, how does it make sense for something Electric to evolve into three completely different types?

I can totally see the point in this, it just seems too complicated, at least to me.
It would make more sense to introduce a fourth monkey to the trio who could be electric typed instead of making him a pre-evolution.

And since Kirlia already got a split evolution, i doubt it will get a third one

Years
I guess my question to that is, how does it make sense for something Electric to evolve into three completely different types? I mean it's definitely not impossible (because Game Freak does what it wants), but logically that just seems...out there. I mean, if the monkeys just evolved by level up naturally instead of stones, you could theoretically state that using whatever stone would evolve it into Pansear/sage/pour from like a Normal type pre-evolution. But I guess I don't see them having something. Who knows though!
Lol I said it'll baby will evolve into an electric monkey. Their baby stage will proably be normal. The evolution could be by location, like if one evolves it near a river or the sea it evolves into panpour, and a volcan into pansear, and if you go to the forest it can evolve into Pansage, and if you evolve it in an electric plant/electrically charged cave it evolves into Panspark (or whatever they call it).

Back