Equivalent Exchange! Fullmetal Alchemist Club
View Single Post
May 11th, 2013, 07:11 PM
May our fates intertwine verily.
Join Date: May 2007
Welcome to PC's fanclub about Fullmetal Alchemist, which is a series that began as a manga written by Hiromu Arakawa. The manga's success brought about many adaptions and spin-off material. The 2003 anime series,
, is loosely adapted from the manga while the 2009 series,
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
, is directly adapted from the manga. The general synopsis is:
"In this world there exist alchemists, people who study and perform the art of alchemical transmutation—to manipulate objects and transform one object into another. They are bounded by the basic law of alchemy: in order to gain something you have to sacrifice something of the same value.
The main character is the famous alchemist Edward Elric—also known as the Fullmetal Alchemist—who almost lost his little brother, Alphonse, in an alchemical accident. Edward managed to attach his brother's soul to a large suit of armor. While he did manage to save his brother's life, he paid the terrible price of his limbs.
To get back what they've lost, the brothers embark on a journey to find the Philosopher's Stone that is said to amplify the powers of an alchemist enormously. However on the way, they start uncovering a conspiracy that could endanger the entire nation, and they realize the misfortunes brought upon by the Philosopher's Stone."
1. All PokéCommunity and Fan Clubs & Groups rules apply.
2. Be courteous and polite to all club members.
3. Try to participate in discussion! Anyone can post a new topic if the current discussion has slowed down.
4. Please make thorough posts. Don't simply say "this show is cool" but elaborate why.
5. Kindly use spoiler tags for huge plot details and endings.
6. Don't link to unofficial sites containing full episodes/scans here.
7. Have fun and enjoy getting to know fellow FMA fans.
Answer a topic:
: Lilith [TwilightBlade]
: Sheep [Cirno]
Oxidation [Yuki's Sword]
Topics are listed from most recent to less recent. Anyone can start a new topic once the current one has quieted down. New members, feel free to answer any past topics that interest you when signing up!
▪ We all have characters we dislike, be it a little or a lot - who is your least favorite character in FMA and why?
▪ Are there any characters you wanted to get more screentime/to see more of, be it in the original Fullmetal Alchemist or Brotherhood? Why?
▪ Have you read the FMA manga? If so, did you read it through until the end or was the anime your preference?
▪ What character do you have the most in common with?
▪ If you were a state alchemist, what would you want your code name to be?
▪ Fullmetal Alchemist has two movies: "Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa" and "Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos." The first film follows the original series while the latter was set within Brotherhood, the second series', timeline. Have you seen either of these movies? What did you think of them?
▪ Do you have any favorite quotes?
▪ Does anyone here have any merchandise, like plushies, figurines, DVDs, etc?
▪ How/when did you get into the FMA series? What are your overall thoughts on the manga/anime?
Even if things are painful
and tough, people should appreciate what it means
to be alive at all.
Last edited by Lilith; 2 Weeks Ago at
Also Known As:
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Lilith
Find all posts by Lilith
Find threads started by Lilith