View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2013 (06:48 PM). Edited May 13th, 2013 by Inkblots.
Inkblots

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Fenneking:
That's always a good thing!

Sorry about not being inclusive with the minorities of the sexual minorities you guys :p

I don't think most people even know what asexual means to be honest. Let alone demisexual!
Though, I am wondering myself if demisexual could be a sub-sect of any sexuality. Like, do gay men who only have sex with gay men they have a romantic and ardent connection qualify as being a demisexual homosexual. Or is it more so, demisexuals, in general, do not have a sexual preference along the lines of gender or sexual identity, and only do so based a romantic and ardent connection. Essentially, pansexual in terms of potential partner id, open to become sexually attracted to any gender identity, though ultimately can only be sexual attracted once a romantic and ardent connection is established?

Or are both of these wrong? haha.

Well, I can't ignore just one of you, so I have a fun asexual question too!

Being that you are asexual, not having a sexual attraction to any gender id, I can see the appeal of a romantic relationship and associated with "sexual release", despite not having an physical attraction to the partner you are with.

With that said, given the choice between a male and female partner and that you are not more or less attracted to either, would one seek a female, to live a life less stressful for going against cultural norms of homo-romanticism? Unless, it is easier to identify with another sexual minority, such as a homosexual male, or even with another asexual male, thus a preferred choice?

Do either of these sentiments affect your decision of who to select as a partner?

Can't wait to see what you guys think. Also, other people who id as either of the above questions, feel free to weigh-in as well.
Haha, don't worry. I can't speak for Fenrir of course, but I don't feel excluded so much as just... confused. I'm just coming to realize that I know even less than I thought I did about the whole physical/romantic attraction thing, lol. These kinds of conversations don't really come up with most of my friends. It's usually more along the lines of "damn, he's hot" and me going "uh, yeah, sure, whatever"

To give a quick definition, a demisexual person only feels sexual attraction towards people they have an emotional connection with (in other words, a demisexual will rarely, if ever, feel attraction towards complete strangers). Someone who feels sexual attraction towards strangers, but chooses to have sex with someone they have an emotional connection to, isn't demisexual, the same way a person who feels attraction towards others, but decides to be celibate, isn't asexual. I'll let Fenrir field the more complicated attraction parts of that question, haha.

I'm actually aromantic as well as asexual - I don't feel any romantic attraction towards anyone, and have never had any desire to be in a romantic relationship, or share the rest of my life with one particular person. The closest I've come are "squishes" (like a crush, except it's an intense desire to be friends with someone, rather than to be romantic partners with them) or the occasional fantasy about finding a queer-platonic partner/friend (also known as a zucchini) - someone (of any gender) with whom I am closer than most friends, but who isn't a romantic or monogamous partner. That said, I wouldn't want to live with said person for the rest of my life. Neighbouring apartments or sharing a duplex, something like that would be fine, but not living in the same house/apartment.

If I HAD to choose to live with someone though, I'm not sure... it really depends more on personality than gender. All else being equal, I would probably choose to live with a straight woman. Partly because I feel like it would be easier to convince people we aren't romantically involved. And because there won't be any issues with her developing feelings for me that I won't be able to return.