View Single Post
Old Posted May 16th, 2013 (08:33 AM).
Wilhelm
Hail the Almighty Robot Policeman

Nature: Adamant
It was easy to tell that this was an early episode in the season. Lots on covering old territory and such. The animation quality was strangely off. Several characters just don't quite look right. Dawn looks almost exactly like her game art, which is not normal for the anime. James' voice continues to disappoint me.

Okay, enough about the complaints. Nando was one of the better features of the episode, and while he wasn't a HUGE hit, he does show great promise for later episodes. The real highlight of this episode though, is the battles. They were very intense and well made. My favorite moment is when Budew uses Mega Drain on Pikachu. The shift from green to red to indicate that it was draining Pikachu's energy was very effective. And the visible pain on Pikachu was great at showing how this attack should be in real life.

Enjoyed this episode for the most part, but it could have been better. Maybe next time. I think it's time we did some Orange League. The Mandarin Island Miss Match is my choice this week. And come one guys, where's the fun if I'm the one choosing these episodes each week? Throw down some votes!