View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2013 (02:55 PM).
bitter gay.
Gold Tier

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by FreakyLocz14:
Babies aren't alien invaders.
I'm pretty sure they're the definition of a parasite. They can't survive on their own therefor they take nutrients from the host body (which is a completely natural process but still). They are invasive to a woman's body and if you can't see that then you're blind.

The woman chose to opt-in by assuming the risk that she may become pregnant when she decided to have sex.
"Don't have sex AT ALL unless you're prepared to carry a child you don't want" have fun telling that one to women everywhere.

And why shouldn't the father have any say in it? He'll be held legally responsible for the mother's failure to get an abortion for the next 18 years, and morally responsible for the rest of his life!
Because in the end, it should be the woman's decision. A man can't understand the sort of impact that a child has on someone's body. There is no sort of physical trauma that can equate the feeling of being pregnant. Men simply aren't able to understand the complexities that goes inside the woman's body.

Now I believe that a woman should probably talk to her significant other about having an abortion, since it would be theoretically their child. I think it's just the polite thing to do to tell your partner. However, it should only be her decision and nobody should shame her for going against the man's wishes.

And besides, there are ways to get rid of the child without killing it.
Which is something I would prefer to happen. However, I'm not going to tell a woman what to do with her body. That would be so terribly rude of me.
"And here we tinker with metal, to try to give it a kind of life, and suffer those who would scoff at our efforts. But who's to say that, if intelligence had evolved in some other form in past millennia, the ancestors of these beings would not now scoff at the idea of intelligence residing within meat?"
- Prime Function Aki Zeta-5, "The Fallacies of Self-Awareness"